• CP into Kenwood Yard, Albany

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

by eotd

i'm planning a trip up to Albany and into Vermont, heading up Route 4. i think it's the old D&H line that's now CP that follows that road. are there any customers or good places to shoot pictures alont this stretch up to Whitehall?

i think this line provides a lot of the service to the Kenwood Yard (Port of Albany) but i really don't know frequency of service, or what kind of stuff they service. is there a lot of business along this track heading up to Fort Edward? i remember there was a steel mill somewhere around Watervliet but this was at least 10 years ago and even then it was at very low production.

by Otto Vondrak

When you travel to Albany, stop into any Stewart's Shops gas station/convienence store and pick up Jimapco's Albany Region Supermap. It shows railroads and roads. Fairly easy to follow the D&H out of Kenwood and up to Mechanicville, continuing to Whitehall.

Nothing runs on a set shedule, but you can get a good idea by driving past Kenwood Yard on I-787 in the morning.

-otto-