Railroad Forums 

• Middletown & New Jersey Railroad: News, Operations, Updates

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1447067  by David Hutchinson

Months ago, NYSW would drop off cars at Warwick with NYSW SU-99. That has stopped. I would usually see lumber flats and box cars there at Warwick on the morning after SU-99 went through. From what I was told, any customer after the M&NJ "takeover", could have their cars brought in by NYSW..... customers before the change, would have to be brought in by NS to Campbell Hall or Middletown.....sounds like the new propane cars could be brought in by NYSW. I was told that the propane is coming in from fracking operations in PA and West Virginia......
 #1447090  by SecaucusJunction

NS has already been delivering propane cars to MNJ... albeit in smaller numbers so far. People want to see the NYSW gain business but since they don't serve the origination point or have a decent interchange point with MNJ, it's not a practical operation for them.

Hopefully the business gains some steam soon.
 #1447108  by SemperFidelis

The propane would most likely be coming from a refining operation of some sort, and most likely not directly from the fields themselves.

I could be wrong, of course.
 #1448103  by David Hutchinson

looks like (7) propane tank cars were dropped off in Warwick Yard last Wednesday night, by NYSW SU99. As of Sunday afternoon, they were still there. Checked the end car's numbers and it is built for propane service with the reporting marks TEIX.....
 #1448225  by SecaucusJunction

And I believe H70 had about 5 last night.

I'm guessing the warm weather pattern is hurting this facility from really increasing output.
 #1451314  by B&M 1227

ccutler wrote:Well that's good to hear, both for M&NJ and NYSW. NYSW's NJ traffic looks like its fallen sharply over the last 5 years, hauling less trash and toxic dirt.
They still handle a fair amount of trash but almost all of it is interchanged out at North Bergen and Croxton. The summertime evil dirt isn't as heavy as it used to be, but was getting daily switches this year when the weather was good.
 #1454419  by SecaucusJunction

Seems this propane facility is a bust so far. Instead of 3 switched a day, it seems like a switch every 3 days...
 #1454736  by David Hutchinson

Visited Maybrook over the weekend. Both tracks at the propane facility were full and there are three box cars on the Eastern Alloy siding. Campball Hall has about 25 propane cars in the yard. Talked to an engineer and he said that two GP-38s are coming. One of the U-Boats is in negotiation for a sale.
 #1462394  by SecaucusJunction

Took a trip to Campbell Hall yesterday. Same power (U boat, GP18, GP high nose) as usual and no movement while I was there on President's Day. Quite a string of tankers in the yard connected to a spacer car. Couldn't really see the cars on the next tracks.

Quite a lot of ties and plates piled next to the uncontrolled siding, so maybe work will begin when the weather clears.
 #1462778  by rhallock

I was in Warwick on Fri. Feb. 16th at 10:30 am when M&NJ (East Penn) #1800 came into town with 12 tank cars and 3 others. Possibly some of the tank cars might have been for Jones Chemical, but probably most were propane cars.
 #1478656  by johnpbarlow

I believe M&NJ 2175 is trailing the power of 11Z-06 headed for Enola yard this AM. Any idea what the route of travel of 2175 will be to M&NJ? I'm guessing it has to get to Campbell Hall, NY via Croxton yard? Or is it possible 2175 is destined for the East Penn RR, another Regional Rail LLC property?

https://www.regional-rail.com/

Also note that 11Z-06 power set includes the Reading HU #1067.
 #1478765  by bk77

johnpbarlow wrote:I believe M&NJ 2175 is trailing the power of 11Z-06 headed for Enola yard this AM. Any idea what the route of travel of 2175 will be to M&NJ? I'm guessing it has to get to Campbell Hall, NY via Croxton yard? Or is it possible 2175 is destined for the East Penn RR, another Regional Rail LLC property?
Pretty sure it'll go Croxton to Campbell Hall, which is how all other ESPN power got routed to CH in the past.

I also believe I read a while back that there were suppose to be 2 GP38's heading to the MNJ, so you'll likely see a second one show up at some point. Get your shots of those GE's up there now if you haven't already!