Railroad Forums 

• Fisherville on the Lehigh Valley?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1522386  by CPSmith

From another thread: "With the advent of LIDAR, all those old hidden ROWs that have disappeared with the past must feel like fish that had been comfortably hiding on the bottom of the lake did when fish finders were invented."

I went out for a nice fall walk and poked around the southwest quadrants of the Phillips Rd., Wangum Rd. and Old Dutch Rd. crossings and didn't trip over anything. There are commercial properties at Phillips and Wangum, so I thought whatever was there (if anything) might have been displaced.

Upon return, I ran into one of the VHT folks and we discussed it, looked at maps, etc. I brought up the LIDAR on the computer and it suggests there might be something at Wangum, so now I feel compelled to go back and poke around more.

Question: If the station went to North LeRoy, what was its fate? Do we have any photos of it at its new home?

Attachments:
Old Dutch Road
Old Dutch Road
Old Dutch Rd.JPG (161.67 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Wangum Road
Wangum Road
Wangum Rd.JPG (151.42 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Phillips Road
Phillips Road
Phillips Rd.JPG (201.58 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
 #1523066  by TB Diamond

Lehigh Valley Railroad Track Signal Chart Sayre To Rochester Jct. Revised January 8, 1971 depicts Fisherville Road MP 371.92 between Swamp Road MP 370.72 and Wangum Road MP 372.69.

Appears that the railroad never honored the Philips Road name.