Railroad Forums 

• Anyone involved with the NYS Museum of Transportation in Rush, NY?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1511180  by Benjamin Maggi

I am building a 1/8 scale model of G&W caboose #8, formerly of the DL&W. I have plans and lots of pictures but have nothing showing the underside. The museum used to have #8 outside but lately I don't see it visible in online pictures of the area. The website says it is undergoing roof repair and not on display.

I will be in town next weekend (6/23) and was hoping to stop by the museum on that Sunday when they are open to get some pictures and measurements. Is there anyone on the forum affiliated with the museum that could help me out with this?

My fall-back option is the old "Gunlocke" caboose (also DL&W) at the Wayland Historical Society, but that is a bit further out of the way and I have no idea if the underside was gutted when it was previously turned into a gun lodge building.

Thanks.
 #1512720  by Otto Vondrak

Benjamin Maggi wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 am I am building a 1/8 scale model of G&W caboose #8, formerly of the DL&W. I have plans and lots of pictures but have nothing showing the underside. The museum used to have #8 outside but lately I don't see it visible in online pictures of the area. The website says it is undergoing roof repair and not on display.

I will be in town next weekend (6/23) and was hoping to stop by the museum on that Sunday when they are open to get some pictures and measurements. Is there anyone on the forum affiliated with the museum that could help me out with this?

My fall-back option is the old "Gunlocke" caboose (also DL&W) at the Wayland Historical Society, but that is a bit further out of the way and I have no idea if the underside was gutted when it was previously turned into a gun lodge building.

Thanks.
Okay, now that I can finally log in again...

My advice is if you're looking to contact the museum, why not do so through their web site, email, or phone number, all of which are publicly listed? That's the fastest way, rather than contacting some random third party.

Good luck building your model.

-otto-
 #1512757  by BR&P

Otto Vondrak wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:09 am

My advice is if you're looking to contact the museum, why not do so through their web site, email, or phone number, all of which are publicly listed? That's the fastest way, rather than contacting some random third party.

-otto-
What the OP did not burden the forum with was he had already put out feelers through other methods, but was trying to cover all the bases. Since he had an answer from this thread about 2 hours after posting, and had the issue resolved in about 2 1/2 hours after posting, I'd say things went well for him.

(
Otto Vondrak wrote:Well....I guess!" :P :wink: :-D
)