Railroad Forums 

• Any truth to WNY&P 6-axle Alcos leaving?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1508184  by BR&P

I have no answer for you, but will say that this forum is not always the most up-to-date. There's stuff from 3 months ago than has not been commented on here yet. I guess you've got to be on Myface if you want to be in the know!
 #1508192  by nydepot

I agree. I was hoping someone like Scot takes pity on us and answers!
BR&P wrote:I have no answer for you, but will say that this forum is not always the most up-to-date. There's stuff from 3 months ago than has not been commented on here yet. I guess you've got to be on Myface if you want to be in the know!
 #1508251  by scottychaos

There was one post on facebook, a week or two ago..
basically someone said "they heard" the 6-axle MLW's were leaving (or being retired) by WNYP, does anyone know anything more about it?
The answer was: no, no one else has heard anything.
the end.

I havent seen anything else..
But the DL connection, in this thread, is new..maybe there is a new discussion in a DL facebook group?
(Scot goes to check..)
Im not a member of the DL facebook group, but I just asked to join it..
I'll report back later if there is anything there..

Scot
 #1508418  by scottychaos

I joined the DL facebook group, (im already a member of all the relevant NY state groups)
I can find zero discussion anywhere about the locomotives going to the DL.
All I know of is that one random facebook post from a few weeks ago, that I mentioned in my last post.

I agree..just a rumor.

Scot
 #1508436  by BR&P

Regardless of whether this is accurate or a rumor, let it be a reminder to NOT put off getting the pics you want NOW, not sometime down the road. At SOME point those locos will be done, and people may or may not know it ahead of time. Anybody who has been around any length of time has seen a given loco model, a given company, or a given rail line go from a common every-day thing to a memory.

THE FIDDLE THEORY - The longer you fiddle around with something, the greater the odds of a negative outcome. Robert Ringer
 #1508441  by thebigham

Now they are saying in the LA&L Facebook group that it is true.

I caught #643 in front of the Olean enginehouse on Saturday, May 18.
Attachments:
100_5331.JPG
100_5331.JPG (543.59 KiB) Viewed 2421 times
 #1508484  by nydepot

Don, you're failing us by not getting on the horn with Vince and verifying all this. :-D
BR&P wrote:
thebigham wrote:Now they are saying in the LA&L Facebook group that it is true.
It's true.jpg
 #1508492  by BR&P

nydepot wrote:Don, you're failing us by not getting on the horn with Vince and verifying all this. :-D
Between restoring old cars and playing country music, I just have durn little time for railroading any more! :-D But I go by these 3 rules:

1. ANYTHING is possible
2. Believe NOTHING until it happens
3. Today's rumor will be in effect for today only. It will be replaced by tomorrow's rumor tomorrow.
Last edited by BR&P on Mon May 13, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.