Railroad Forums 

• Collecting Railroad Postcards

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1383698  by Noel Weaver

Thank you for posting the link to some excellent post cards, I've enjoyed looking at some of them. I have a few post cards in my collection but not a large number of them. I think there are a good number of post card collectors. I remember one old timer in Connecticut who had a huge collection of them. They might well have quite a bit of value to them too. My big item is timetables and more timetables.
Noel Weaver
 #1383846  by NYCUticaSyracuse81

Glad you enjoyed the postcard collection. I'm amazed at how many I've acquired since I started collecting back in 2010. I have a few timetables myself, but my specialty is Postcards. There was a guy selling of his deceased father's PC collection from Munnsville, NY. It was incredible! I was able to afford a few gems from time to time, but many went for $50-100! Feel free to email or send a private message, or anyone else for that matter if you want to exchange want lists. I collect anything pertaining to NY state railroads, particularly postcards from Oneida, Madison, Oswego & Onondaga counties.
 #1394387  by NYCUticaSyracuse81

Just thought that I'd throw out some postcards on my most wanted list. I am looking for the following stations

NYC Holland Patent, NY
NYC/West Shore Georgetown, NY
NYC McConnellsville, NY
NYC Lyons Falls, NY
NYC Mexico, NY
Lehigh Valley Cazenovia, NY
Lehigh Valley Vienna, NY
Lehigh Valley Sylvan Beach
NYC/O & W Central Square
NYC/ West Shore Manlius, NY
NYC/West Shore Erieville, NY
NYC Pulaski, NY
NYC Westdale, NY
NYC Williamstown, NY
NYC Forestport, NY
NYC Oriskany, NY
NYC White lake/woo gate
West Shore Canajoharie, NY
NYC Cigarville/Clay, NY
West Shore Speakers, NY
NYC Big Moose
L&B.R. Beaver Falls, NY
NYC Chittenango, NY
NYC Taberg/Blossvale, NY

That's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks, CNYrailroadnut
 #1396243  by dansapo

Well..I do maintain a facebook page dedicated to the M&OL. So my focus is mainly the Marcellus & Otisco Lake Railway or their boat the Fontney. They had a series of rppc produced around 1907-08.But I would also like to see the trolley line that also had a station just up the hill from the M&OL station in Marcellus
 #1498657  by Richard1

I have about 500 New York State Railroad postcards and I have two blogs:
CNYMOD.Blogspot.com with over 600 New York State railroad postcards
trolleycards.blogspot.com with several hundred New York State trolleys.
I have written about 20 books on local railroads and am librarian-archivist for the Central NY Chapter, NRHS. Come to our meetings once in awhile at the Art & Home Center at the New York State Fairgrounds, 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m.
Richard Palmer
 #1498762  by RichCoffey

Wow great Flicker collection! Love the old station photos and the abandoned ROW photos. I am sure a lot of time went into it all - thanks for sharing!