New Tonawanda to Buffalo Rail Trail

Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

Fireman43

Re: New Tonawanda to Buffalo Rail Trail

Post by Fireman43 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:39 pm

Never say never.
It is nice that Tonawanda appears to be pretty proactive in developing rails to trails, but looks like these things take time.

Good to see the Plans on the local Gov side are carried over from administration to the next.
Now if only Amherst would develop the trail on the peanut ROW from north forest??? to transit so then could connect to the Clarence trail.

Wasn’t there recent talk of Amherst???

SST

Post by SST » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:57 pm

I couldn't agree with you more. The complete connection of the Peanut from Tonawanda to Akron JCT, would be amazing. There was a lot of talk about it years ago. I may not be entirely correct but there was at least 1 person in Amherst that protested to such an extent, Amherst dropped it. RAPIST, MUGGERS, THIEVES etc etc etc......This one person[group maybe] killed it. This area is where the wealthy people live. So unfortunate.

You want my campaign contribution? Then kill the trail. My opinion of course.

DGC-24711

Post by DGC-24711 » Fri May 03, 2019 8:54 am

SST wrote: End of path at Filmore Ave. The ROW on the other side of the street is under heavy brush and trees. The Peanut is just beyond the buildings in the background. They are installing new sidewalks all along Fillmore Ave all the way to the Canal.
https://postimg.cc/94TrCJKK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Drove past this yesterday. The rails in the roadway are gone, being filled in for an asphalt lay over. I gave a mean look to the flag men.

SST

Post by SST » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:19 pm

While headed up to Canalfest in Tonawanda/N Tonawanda, I stopped at the new section of the path. I was surprised that little progress has been made since I picked up the piece of scrap rail. The pavement has been put down but the final touches at each road crossing isn't finished. I'm wondering if they ran outta money.

This picture was taken about 20 yards or so on the North side of Ellicott Creek looking south in the little park with a floating kayak launch. I just missed an Amtrak train headed to Niagara Falls. I won't be headed up Ellicott Creek at this point. The green slime is getting pretty ugly and I just spend tons of money and 26 days out of the water for boat repairs. No chance in hell will I venture up here.

SST

Post by SST » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:05 pm

While riding my bike I came upon a newly installed plaque of a train wreck on the bridge.

videobruce

Post by videobruce » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:00 pm

SST wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:57 pm
Amherst dropped it. RAPIST, MUGGERS, THIEVES etc etc etc......This one person[group maybe] killed it. This area is where the wealthy people live. So unfortunate.
You want my campaign contribution? Then kill the trail. My opinion of course.
Are you for or against it?
CSX is nothing but a continuous joke. No matter who this Capitalist Hedge Fund puts in, it will never be a REAL railroad!

Return to “New York State Railfan”