Railroad Forums 

• Unknown NYC depot ID, please

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New York State.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

#1519713  by nydepot

Dick Palmer is looking for help in ID'ing this depot with an NYC steamer alongside? Any thoughts on it?

Unknown.jpg
Unknown.jpg (157.09 KiB) Viewed 2395 times
 #1519903  by lvrr325

I thought perhaps Hartlot but it appears to be a few feet wider and from this angle there would be some buildings to the right, and no crossing in front of it.
 #1519926  by tree68

Looks to be an elevator in the background.
 #1520273  by BR&P

nydepot wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:25 pm Seems like from the RW&O.
What are you seeing that makes you say that? Not necessarily saying that's wrong, but it's not reminding me of the RW&O depots in my mind. Those have vertical (or maybe diagonal?) boards across the ends, below the windows, which this one is lacking.
 #1520296  by nydepot

I guess Dick Palmer is not certain it's NY. Like I said, I just read the new RW&O book and there are many stations in it and they look just like it. Or course, not the one shown. And yes, there are many with the braces you mention, Don. One example is Hannibal. Same style depot as the photo.
 #1520312  by tree68

ExCon90 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:18 pm Is it certain that it's in New York? In view of the elevator, could it be somewhere on the Peoria & Eastern?
Looking through the NY stations site, the Croghan station had an elevator near it, but not the same construction - so it is possible.