Railroad Forums 

• LV 112 to Ringoes

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#789439  by glennk419

NICE!! That will be something worth driving to Ringoes to see.
 #789550  by NJT4272

LVRR Guy wrote:I just checked his website and things have changed a bit.

http://www.prrllc.com/projects_LV%20112_paint.html
<< Withdrawn >>

Forget I said anything. It was just a thought. I've got no more fight left in me after a certain period of 2 years that is well documented in this forum.

I gotta stop coming here! LOL
Last edited by NJT4272 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #789572  by Andrew Blaszczyk (2)

NJT4272 wrote:

Geez!........... I dunno how I feel about that. I suppose that's kinda crummy. She sits in Tennessee for years and years in original LV paint. She finally gets rescued and brought home, just to be turned into an imitation? That's anti-climactic!

For a survivor like her, I think she's earned an authentic LV paint job.

Painting her into PRR DGLE is almost as bad as a Santa Fe Warbonnet GG-1 !

Or considering that we're talking about NJ, its as bad as painting former PRR and NYC E-8's into Erie, E-L, and B&O colors! Or painting former C&NW F-7's into LV, Erie, and Reading colors.

Why does this happen in NJ? Man, I'm glad I moved to PA!

"In the short term", touch up her current paint job. That would be more fitting. She deserves better.

But then again, that's just my humble opinion............
Too bad that's not it's original paint. Third coat actually. The photo posted is of the original or as-delivered livery 112 wore.
 #789581  by NJT4272

Andrew Blaszczyk (2) wrote: Too bad that's not it's original paint. Third coat actually. The photo posted is of the original or as-delivered livery 112 wore.
True: Its not her first, as delivered paint, but its Lehigh Valley paint. Applied by the Lehigh Valley and not by another railroad or a restoration contractor.

Even though its the third coat, its still LV paint, and the only example of such.
 #789608  by RS115

Since this isn't a museum or preservation 'group' project: in the short or long term, I'd say it's up to the guy who a) paid for the engine and b) is buying the paint. The Pennsy 'dip' will be easier and cheaper to apply and will protect the body.
 #789678  by scottychaos

Did you guys actually read the link? Image
there isnt much to read! ;)
I plan to restore this loco to its original paint, as delivered from EMC.

However, In the short term I will put a quick coat of PRR DGLE and letter and number it for PRR 3908 in honor of PRR's first SW1.
Its going to be a temporary coat of PRR paint..
They probably will strip off the old paint, then just give her a quick Brunswick green "dip job" just to get a protective coat of paint on her..that will be the PRR scheme..

then the continued plan is to repaint her in the original LV "pre war" scheme:

So really nothing has changed..except for the interim PRR scheme..
she is still going to get the LV scheme when the full restoration is complete..it will just take awhile..

Scot
 #789697  by Ken W2KB

For anyone interested in the restoration of Scott's LV 112 and Black River Railroad Historical Trust operations and projects, there is a regular membership meeting this Saturday at Ringoes, NJ. Scott is an officer of the Trust and I expect he will be there absent compelling other circumstances. Feel free to stop by to see what we do.

"4/3/2010 8:00am - Regular Meeting of the Black River Railroad Historical Trust will be held in Ringoes at 8:00am."

I'll be there and on the crew of the Easter Bunny Express train service that day, first run departing at 10:45 a.m. from Ringoes.
 #789704  by cjvrr

So true!

Jeff, just be glad he preserved the unit before it rotted to the ground or ended up scrapped. And since he is a huge PRR fan I see his reasons for painting it in PRR colors.

RS115 wrote:Since this isn't a museum or preservation 'group' project: in the short or long term, I'd say it's up to the guy who a) paid for the engine and b) is buying the paint. The Pennsy 'dip' will be easier and cheaper to apply and will protect the body.
 #789711  by NJT4272

cjvrr wrote:So true!

Jeff, just be glad he preserved the unit before it rotted to the ground or ended up scrapped. And since he is a huge PRR fan I see his reasons for painting it in PRR colors.
RS115 wrote:Since this isn't a museum or preservation 'group' project: in the short or long term, I'd say it's up to the guy who a) paid for the engine and b) is buying the paint. The Pennsy 'dip' will be easier and cheaper to apply and will protect the body.

<< Withdrawn >>

Forget I said anything. It was just a thought. I've got no more fight left in me after a certain period of 2 years that is well documented in this forum.

I gotta stop coming here! LOL

PRR DGLE it is! At least she's saved.
 #789751  by scottychaos

Trainlawyer wrote:
I personally would like to see it restored to the as built scheme. Be that as it may - I am grateful to Brother Kwiatkowski that it is even here for us to argue about.

GME
Scroll back up 5 posts..
it WILL be painted in its as-delievered LV scheme!
the PRR scheme is a temporary measure..

Scot
 #789791  by wolfboy8171981

April 1st has come early this year....... But in all seriousness #112 is historic in many ways. It is not owned by a museum, but by an individual. If Scott wanted to paint it Orange and lease it to Tropicanna to earn revenue, its his toy and he can do what he wants with it. If you wanted it painted a certain way, YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT IT.
 #790973  by LV 112 Owner

Wolfboy sniffed me out, yes this was an April Fools joke.

You know, Wolfboy, you sniffed me out on the night of a full moon!! HMMM.

I have updated my website to reflect my paint plans which will include some minor touch up to the existing paint job while I get her running and work out some of the bugs.

NJT4272, I would feel the same way and am not offended buy your post. Hay, I'm from Jersey, FORGETABOUTIT!!

Scott
 #790983  by NJT4272

LV 112 Owner wrote:Wolfboy sniffed me out, yes this was an April Fools joke.

You know, Wolfboy, you sniffed me out on the night of a full moon!! HMMM.

I have updated my website to reflect my paint plans which will include some minor touch up to the existing paint job while I get her running and work out some of the bugs.

NJT4272, I would feel the same way and am not offended buy your post. Hay, I'm from Jersey, FORGETABOUTIT!!

Scott
OH THANK GOODNESS!!!! I mean, seriously: The paint on that locomotive right now is just as historic as the locomotive itself!

That's a load off my mind. Not so much about the paint, but about everyone's reaction to me humbly calling BS on the PRR DGLE. Thought I was going crazy there for a while!

Bravo, Scott! So glad to hear that you've bucked the status quo when it comes to locomotive fakes in NJ. You're a gentleman and a scholar! You are doing the old girl proud!