Railroad Forums 

• Bound Brook NJ

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#749507  by Mike77E9

Anyone get pictures or video of this? I didn't get out of work until late and had a prior engagement. I'm guessing it didn't involve any of the ethanol cars and was minor because I didn't get notification as OEM.
 #749518  by CAR_FLOATER

I drove thru BB around 6PM last night, and I could see floodlights and a glimpse of a front end loader or similar piece of equipment thru the parked hoppers, so I assume clean up was still on-going.

CF
 #749611  by RailsEast

Thanks, Wolf; glad it wasn't too serious. Hats off to the guys on the block truck...awful chilly out there this time of year....
 #753073  by ItaliDe

Hey real quick!!! sorry if this was posted already but im leaving in 1 hour.. Does anyone have the Freq. for CSX and NS at Bound Brook? i lost them in my scanner banks.
 #753089  by Mike77E9

NS, West of Manville: 161.070
CSX, South of Manville: 160.74 or 160.98, i always get those two confused.
CASO East of Manville, Lehigh Line, North Jersey Dispatcher: 160.860
CASO East of Manville, Port Reading Secondary, South Jersey Dispatcher: 160.935

Also, NJT RVL through Bound Brook is on 161.235, although you really don't hear much RVL activity on there with the exception of the defect detector in Middlesex.
 #753097  by ItaliDe

Thanks!!! what did you mean by the last part? THE csx/ns TRACK DETECTOR IS ON a diff freq. ? its not on a road channel? thats the best part.. Id rather hear a defect detector than anything else.. Best way to hear a train coming and how long it is.
 #753101  by Mike77E9

I meant by the last line is that you rarely hear NJ Transit RVL traffic on 161.235 except for NJ Transit's Defect Detector in Middlesex. Once in awhile you'll hear the engineers talking to the engine house in Raritan on there.

For the CASO Lehigh Line, you'll hear their Middlesex defect detector on 160.860
For the CASO Port Reading Secondary, you'll hear the South Plainfield defect detector on 160.935
 #753332  by davebdawg

I am in Edison about a mile from Potter and Tingley ave. crossings, would I be able to recieve the defect detectors in Middlesex and South Plainfield? Would anyone be able to get some pics of it? Like this one in Middlesex:
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... ?id=326256 I do have a scanner antenna up on the roof so it should have some range of at least 8 miles I suppose?, BTW @ which milepost on the Port Reading secondary is the defect detector in South Plainfield? Is it near Clinton ave.?
:-)
Last edited by davebdawg on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #753358  by Mike77E9

davebdawg wrote:I am in Edison about a mile from Potter and Tingley ave. crossings, would I be able to recieve the defect detectors in Middlesex and South Plainfield?
I think you should be able to hear the South Plainfield Defect Detector, however, I think you'll have problems hearing the Middlesex Defect Detector. At the Bound Brook Train Station, South Plainfield comes in loud and clear, and Middlesex just barely comes in, and I believe the Middlesex detector is closer.
davebdawg wrote:I do have a scanner antenna up on the roof so it should have some range of at least 8 miles I suppose?, BTW @ which milepost on the Port Reading secondary is the defect detector in South Plainfield? Is it near Clinton ave.?
:-)
Not exactly sure where the Port Reading Secondary Defect Detector is in South Plainfield. At the moment, i don't recall the milepost number, but maybe someone else here does. The detector for the Lehigh Line in Middlesex I know is close to Mountain Ave at milepost 30.5
Last edited by Mike77E9 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #753360  by ItaliDe

A couple of us went to BB last night. it was so damn cold, OMG... I think it was minus 12 with the wind chill...! We stood out on the plat form for only 30 minut intervals and then back to the car to warm up... anyway, it was real slow!!! only saw 1 CSX manifest train that was half way decent.. The rest were garbage trains and 1 short NS stack train... Oh well, ive had better days up there.
 #753362  by Mike77E9

Yeah, Tuesdays is usually when I go over there. However, it was too freaking cold out there for me last night. I was content with being at home listening to the trains on the CSAO road channels looking at youtube videos :-D