Railroad Forums 

• NYGL Dundee Spur Status - 2009-present

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#861881  by blockline4180

kamerad47 wrote:What happened tp this RR line??? I remember when the would switch everyday at Atlantic coast fibers at least 1 maybe 2 boxcars?? It looks like ACF ships all by truck now! That building was build to bring RR cars right it the building ! now nothing-!! Did inter-model kill this just like it did allot of boxcar deliveries???

ACF still gets cars very sporadically...They got box cars back in May and June...They are not totally dead yet.
 #896354  by brianc02

Drove by on Saturday and noticed a mountain of snow in the middle of the ROW by Passaic Street interchange. Would take some bulldozers to free up the mountain. Looks like no activity so far this winter.
 #1094968  by PVRX1

Earlier this year they were moving gondols in for loading. They were making the short run to the interchange and back bewteen 1030 and 1130 as needed. Not sure now.
 #1453316  by Teutobergerwald

There's a Youtube video of M&E's Alco Century 424's 18 and 19, symbolized as MX-29 for the movement, traversing the line to get the U-34CH and take it to Boonton. Very interesting video- rarely used trackage, Alco motive power, street running, etc.
 #1453677  by brianc02

While passing through Garfield/Monroe St. on 12/16 I noticed a string of cars sitting on their interchange siding along the NJT Bergen CTY Line. It looked like trash gons, but could have been the hoppers seen in an earlier post. No idea what the commodity was or for who.
 #1459779  by BVERailer

There are still customers along the Dundee, and the rail equipment from NYGL is still there. I have a feeling that one day there will be a move of one of the pieces of equipment to a historical society or something like URHS.
 #1465571  by sully7302

There are currently 6 clay hoppers on the interchange, while one is in the NYGL facility in Passaic, making a total of 7 cars. The rail has been cut at Monroe Street and Pierre Ave for unknown reasons, so basically the one hopper is stranded for now.