Railroad Forums 

• NS HO-7 through Rutherford

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1521586  by riffian

It appears that the H70 is back to it's previous anemic consist. Is it still running daily or has it gone back to five day a week operation?
 #1521634  by waldwickrailfan

riffian wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:26 pm It appears that the H70 is back to it's previous anemic consist. Is it still running daily or has it gone back to five day a week operation?
It’s running Sun-Thurs. H88 runs Friday afternoons. Nothing regular on Saturdays, but H80 will do it’s work once or twice per month.

H70 EB by Allendale at 01:53
NS ES44AC 8024
NS SD70ACe 1007
-13 cars
 #1521738  by riffian

I thought they were handling a lot of frac sand for transloading somewhere. Bay State Milling is still active as far as I know.

Another question: what are H80 and H88 normal duties?
 #1521777  by waldwickrailfan

ccutler wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:21 pm why are the trains so short? Did they lose the grain mill customer?
Bay State still get cars. I just don’t catch it when they bring the loads up often.

No frac sand that I know of.

H80 normally works overnight at Harrison and the Kingsland Wye. H88 takes over the work for various trains on their days off. Friday’s they cover H70, There’s a day or two they cover H80, and H81, as well as a Croxton yard switcher.
 #1521806  by riffian

Okay, thanks for the info - much appreciated. Since we are on the subject (off subject)...the H88 crew seems to be a relief job. What does the H81 generally do? Doesn't seem to be enough work around Harrison for a five day a week job-just Bunge Company, which is a good customer on the Kingsland wye (tank cars) and the occasional car brought down by the Morristown and Erie. Thanks again for your input - greatly appreciated by several fans on this site.