Railroad Forums 

• SRNJ - Southern Railroad of New Jersey

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1429097  by NJT4272

They've already been added to the roster posted on the Reading & Northern's website.

http://www.rbmnrr.com/roster/

Thinking about this acquisition further, I have to say........ I hope, considering where they are going (and perhaps I'm getting way ahead of myself here), that the Reading and Northern gives them a fitting R&N representative livery, and not a duplicate of the old Reading FT, F3, F7, or FP7 livery. If they did, that would be way too many Reading F-units running around. We've got the FP-7s 900, 902, & 903, plus the URHS's fake F-7 284. It would be very nice if these two wore a unique dress and stood out among the other F-7s in the area.............. my 2 cents, and I'm sure we won't be seeing them out on the rails for a while. They're gonna need a lot of work.
 #1429254  by pdtrains

NJT4272 wrote:They've already been added to the roster posted on the Reading & Northern's website.

http://www.rbmnrr.com/roster/

Thinking about this acquisition further, I have to say........ I hope, considering where they are going (and perhaps I'm getting way ahead of myself here), that the Reading and Northern gives them a fitting R&N representative livery, and not a duplicate of the old Reading FT, F3, F7, or FP7 livery. If they did, that would be way too many Reading F-units running around. We've got the FP-7s 900, 902, & 903, plus the URHS's fake F-7 284. It would be very nice if these two wore a unique dress and stood out among the other F-7s in the area.............. my 2 cents, and I'm sure we won't be seeing them out on the rails for a while. They're gonna need a lot of work.

REALLY? Maybe they shud just scrap them, and you'll be happier.. But I digress
 #1429339  by NJT4272

pdtrains wrote: REALLY? Maybe they shud just scrap them, and you'll be happier.. But I digress
Geez!!!! That was harsh! I was just hoping for a little diversity and something unique! To imply that I'd rather see them scrapped is going a bit far. Perhaps you would be happy if every single piece of preserved and restored rail equipment was simply painted flat black with white road numbers and reporting marks!

VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE!
 #1430528  by MedicSutton

Noticed recently a lot of track surveying in the area of 561 and spring road. Also noticed on a few different occassions Pairs of NS Locos laying over on the stub end. More activity in the last 3 weeks in winslow junction then ive notived in last 5 years. Wondering if there are pending upgrades to the area since it seems like they are clearing the area of rolling stock. I know the crossings were recently upgraded both on spring and 561. On a side note I feel like a 38 year old with a secret train addiction lol. One of these days my wife is going to ask me who i am seeing when I sneak out of the house to check out the trains :-) :P :P
 #1430535  by liftedjeep

MedicSutton wrote:Noticed recently a lot of track surveying in the area of 561 and spring road. Also noticed on a few different occassions Pairs of NS Locos laying over on the stub end. More activity in the last 3 weeks in winslow junction then ive notived in last 5 years. Wondering if there are pending upgrades to the area since it seems like they are clearing the area of rolling stock. I know the crossings were recently upgraded both on spring and 561. On a side note I feel like a 38 year old with a secret train addiction lol. One of these days my wife is going to ask me who i am seeing when I sneak out of the house to check out the trains :-) :P :P
The NS locos you are seeing is the power from the various loaded stone trains (62X). There had been issues in the past with vandalism and kids playing on the power when they were parked along the BEES. Storing them in the open SRNJ yard is an attempt to deter this.
 #1431971  by nomis

The moved on CA-51 today.
 #1432017  by liftedjeep

The three pieces of ex SRNJ equipment that came up from Winslow Junction yesterday on WPCA-51, and photographed by johnnyloco, were spotted this morning along side of Pavonia Yard's engine house coupled to CSX #1123:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4711209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben
 #1432096  by glennk419

liftedjeep wrote:The three pieces of ex SRNJ equipment that came up from Winslow Junction yesterday on WPCA-51, and photographed by johnnyloco, were spotted this morning along side of Pavonia Yard's engine house coupled to CSX #1123:

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4711209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben
Well, that about figures. I actually made it down to Winslow today to see a lot of empty rails. They have certainly "cleaned out the garage" down there. I spotted a couple fellow railfans who were probably equally disappointed.
 #1432102  by liftedjeep

From what I've heard, the two former Blue Comet coaches are going to be next. At last report, they (or at least one at the moment) were being prepped to be moved. This move(s) will apparently be done via flatbed as neither car is equipped with roller bearings thereby preventing transport by rail.
Ben