Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#312504  by blockline4180

Wow, What the heck did I miss?? I haven't checked this forum for more then 18 hours and I see NS brings a SD40-2 to Dover and there is word the H0-2 is moving out of Dover?? Lots of changes in 18 hours!

Shark, keep me updated!

S.M.P

#312736  by nick11a

blockline4180 wrote:Wow, What the heck did I miss?? I haven't checked this forum for more then 18 hours and I see NS brings a SD40-2 to Dover and there is word the H0-2 is moving out of Dover?? Lots of changes in 18 hours!

Shark, keep me updated!

S.M.P
Don't believe everything you read in hear- I don't. I take it as a grain of salt.

Let us not forget that great thread- what was it called, ah yes, The Montclair-Boonton Through Freight thread.

#312799  by blockline4180

nick11a wrote:
blockline4180 wrote:Wow, What the heck did I miss?? I haven't checked this forum for more then 18 hours and I see NS brings a SD40-2 to Dover and there is word the H0-2 is moving out of Dover?? Lots of changes in 18 hours!

Shark, keep me updated!

S.M.P
Don't believe everything you read in hear- I don't. I take it as a grain of salt.

Let us not forget that great thread- what was it called, ah yes, The Montclair-Boonton Through Freight thread.

LOL, true true,....

#314533  by blockline4180

NS H0-2 went east towards Reheis today. I caught him through Mt. Tabor at aprrox. 9:05 a.m. with 5 cars.. Pictures are soon to follow if i can ever find that stupid adaptor to my digital camera.

#314639  by Tri-State Tom

Just came out onto the main @ BAKER after a lunch break(?) at the Morristown & Erie.

WESTBOUND with the red Conrail caboose LEADING followed by 2 boxes, 2 white tanks and a blue Conrail GP pushing.

#314656  by washingtonsecondary

Any word on weekend work? I doubt that a trip to Washington is going to happen today since they went two days in a row already.

#314696  by nick11a

Caught them today at Reheis between classes. It seems they will tie up west of Lake Hopatcong for Sunday work to Washington because of the track outage at the Mount Arlington Station site (see here. Sunday apparently will be a Washington Day. The will likely tie up their train at Port Morris until Sunday and tie it up there again Sunday until the tracks reopen on Monday.

#314715  by blockline4180

nick11a wrote:Caught them today at Reheis between classes. It seems they will tie up west of Lake Hopatcong for Sunday work to Washington because of the track outage at the Mount Arlington Station site (see here. Sunday apparently will be a Washington Day. The will likely tie up their train at Port Morris until Sunday and tie it up there again Sunday until the tracks reopen on Monday.

Hmmm, Only place I can think of for them to tie up would be Port Morris yard. Unless they get their cars at Chester Junction and then tie down west of Hackettstown station. Lake Junction is EAST of the work site.

#314753  by nick11a

That is what I said, Port Morris. :-)

#314758  by washingtonsecondary

Sometimes he needs things explained to him slowly, and with pictures. Just be patient with him.

#314769  by nick11a

washingtonsecondary wrote:Sometimes he needs things explained to him slowly, and with pictures. Just be patient with him.
Hahaha. Well, with any luck, I'll get the H02 photos from today up within a few days. They had NS 3057 (Conrail Colors) long hood forward and the usual consist.
 #315092  by chuxter26

The PRR 3057 and CR caboose are parked by the office at Port Morris...The 9 emptys are on track 10 ...after a runaround move Sun AM they will go west to Washington-then back to Port Morris to tie up

#315102  by washingtonsecondary

Any word on an on duty time?

#315114  by blockline4180

washingtonsecondary wrote:Any word on an on duty time?
They will be on duty when they ARE on duty!! What part of this don't you understand?? LOL :wink: What would you do if this was 1985 and there was no internet heads up??? :P

#315284  by nick11a

blockline4180 wrote:
washingtonsecondary wrote:Any word on an on duty time?
They will be on duty when they ARE on duty!! What part of this don't you understand?? LOL :wink: What would you do if this was 1985 and there was no internet heads up??? :P
Well, he wouldn't be talking to you for one thing. :-D