Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#284032  by washingtonsecondary

Question, what is the track distance from Dover to Washington? I'm thinking its about 25-26 miles.
 #284184  by chuxter26

27.5 miles to yard limits with another half mile or so to Washington yard proper
 #284194  by washingtonsecondary

chuxter26 wrote:27.5 miles to yard limits with another half mile or so to Washington yard proper
Second question then, where are the yard limits?

#284430  by JohnFPorcaro

jsx wrote:I usually see them on the Totowa Industrial, and at Drakes on the old NY&GL in Mountain View.

Does anybody know the current customers on the Totowa Industrial? I see cars at Omega warehouse on both sides of Riverview Dr... but I thought I saw a covered hopper at what was/is Race Plastics...??

Any help would be great.

Jim
I work on Vreeland Ave in Totowa, & today at about 12:35 PM a train made a car pick up at the plactics company.
I happened to be going to lunch.

#284674  by blockline4180

JohnFPorcaro wrote:
jsx wrote:I usually see them on the Totowa Industrial, and at Drakes on the old NY&GL in Mountain View.

Does anybody know the current customers on the Totowa Industrial? I see cars at Omega warehouse on both sides of Riverview Dr... but I thought I saw a covered hopper at what was/is Race Plastics...??

Any help would be great.

Jim
I work on Vreeland Ave in Totowa, & today at about 12:35 PM a train made a car pick up at the plactics company.
I happened to be going to lunch.
Could be Race plastics.... I don't know what they are called now. I'm assuming H-zero-2 will pick up some cars in Washington tomorrow that H-sixty-5 had dropped off.

#285661  by nick11a

Caught the H-02 heading east through Denville this morning on the Boonton Line around 9:15. They had a fair amount of cars and engines on each end- 5638 leading east and 3054 trailing.

Funny thing about it- on the engines, someone had written in the dirt "Montclair Boonton Through Freight." So, from this we know that the folks from Dover read these forums from time to time and also that they do have a sense of humor. :-)

#285711  by Railfan4Ever

nick11a wrote:Caught the H-02 heading east through Denville this morning on the Boonton Line around 9:15. They had a fair amount of cars and engines on each end- 5638 leading east and 3054 trailing.

Funny thing about it- on the engines, someone had written in the dirt "Montclair Boonton Through Freight." So, from this we know that the folks from Dover read these forums from time to time and also that they do have a sense of humor. :-)
I'm famous now! Oh, did I say that. :-) Cats out of the bag now..

#285866  by nick11a

NS H-02 came down today to Reheis. Almost didn't think they were coming but sure enough, they came a little late. Funny thing about it- I waited for it in New Providence and when it came blasting through going west so as to make its meet on time with the NJT train at Murray Hill, it sounded like the GP40-2 might have been having problems. It almost sounded like firecrackers going off.

After that, they played around with the cars in Summit and I think they were off to Mars again.
Railfan4Ever wrote:I'm famous now!
I believe infamous might be a more apt term.

#285873  by washingtonsecondary

Nick, what makes you think they are going to Mars? Do they have the green box cars?

#285878  by blockline4180

washingtonsecondary wrote:Nick, what makes you think they are going to Mars? Do they have the green box cars?
Speaking of which, anyone know what those green box cars transport? Is that boxes of candy(M&M) or just bags of sugar, spices, etc...

Thanks...
 #285888  by chuxter26

The M&Ms cars with the LW initials come fron Canada..They contain a sugar/chocolate mixture...You'll never see them on the M&E east of Denville because they are high cars-over 15ft 5in

#285943  by nick11a

washingtonsecondary wrote:Nick, what makes you think they are going to Mars? Do they have the green box cars?
I asked a crewmember. And I didn't follow them up there as I usually don't railfan in that area- only on occasion. They should be there right now actually.

#285962  by Uzi-Cat

I believe infamous might be a more apt term.
Infamous or as railroaders like to say "carrot-whacker".

#285968  by mountie17

Railfan4Ever wrote:I'm famous now! Oh, did I say that. :-) Cats out of the bag now..
How old are you? Isn' t enough, ENOUGH? GIVE IT A REST!

#286032  by Railfan4Ever

I have stopped and plan on not bringing up anything concerning it again, but it seems like some other people wont let go of it. If anyone wishes to keep commenting about this, then go ahead. Also, if you want to call me a "carrot-whacker" go ahead, because I will simply ignore it. If you wish to talk to me about any problems you have with what I have said in this post, I will be looking forward for a private message. Thank you and have a good day.