Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1446150  by blockline4180

3010 was swapped out in Washington yesterday for SD40-2 3366.... It is now the H-02 power working the Totowa Spur.
 #1446264  by Matt3010

blockline4180 wrote:3010 was swapped out in Washington yesterday for SD40-2 3366.... It is now the H-02 power working the Totowa Spur.
Yes...3010 was shopped due to cab signal issues. 3366 will be on the job until a 4-axle road switcher becomes available.
 #1452028  by Matt3010

H02 headed to BT tomorrow to interchange Toys for Tots train consist with the NYSW.

Saturday's trip will be on the NYSW and Sundays along the MNJ. Please come out this weekend to support a great cause by donating new unwrapped toys to be given to families who are less fortunate. Every donation counts! :)
 #1452033  by pdtrains

Matt3010 wrote:H02 headed to BT tomorrow to interchange Toys for Tots train consist with the NYSW.

Saturday's trip will be on the NYSW and Sundays along the MNJ. Please come out this weekend to support a great cause by donating new unwrapped toys to be given to families who are less fortunate. Every donation counts! :)

I guess that means down to west end around the wye and up th BC to BT. It should only take forever, dodging passenger traffic... I guess West End is the only connection between the "electric side" and the "diesel side" anymore.

I would call it the DLW side and the Erie side, but someone would busily point out that the Mail Line from Sec Jct to South Patterson is old DLW, and Montclair to Mountain View is old Erie. And Montclair to Hackettstown is diesel for that matter. Call it what u want.
 #1452060  by Matt3010

pdtrains wrote:
Matt3010 wrote:H02 headed to BT tomorrow to interchange Toys for Tots train consist with the NYSW.

I guess that means down to west end around the wye and up th BC to BT. It should only take forever, dodging passenger traffic... I guess West End is the only connection between the "electric side" and the "diesel side" anymore.

I would call it the DLW side and the Erie side, but someone would busily point out that the Mail Line from Sec Jct to South Patterson is old DLW, and Montclair to Mountain View is old Erie. And Montclair to Hackettstown is diesel for that matter. Call it what u want.
West end is indeed the only connection. Too bad the Greenwood Lake Branch north of Mountain View is now fully vegetated, otherwise the equipment could go up that way to Pompton Junction. The tracks end in Pompton Plains about 2 miles south of PJ.

And I do agree with you on the Erie and DLW sides... ;)
 #1452237  by Matt3010

mohawkrailfan wrote:So if they're going from Dover to West End, is that via Morristown or Montclair?
They took the Montclair Line east and the Morristown Line west. Track 1 was OOS between Cedar and Glen so that may be why the didn't take the MC Line back.
 #1452789  by riffian

Is the H-02 still working five days a week? With the few remaining customers, a couple of days a week would seem to suffice.
 #1452829  by NYS&W142Fan

riffian wrote:Is the H-02 still working five days a week? With the few remaining customers, a couple of days a week would seem to suffice.
Yes they are, they run West to Washington M-W-F and East T-T.
 #1463556  by NYS&W142Fan

Just saw the H-65 going through P'Burg and it had two NJT cars on the tail end. I think they were control cars. They should be on the next H-02. They were NJTR 1372 and 1373.