Railroad Forums 

• NS H-02 - sightings and reports

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1440093  by NYS&W142Fan

Matt3010 wrote:
Matt3010 wrote:BRW 915 was in Allentown yesterday by the hump. H02 will be bringing it to Lake Jct. sometime this week.
Move delayed due to repair work..
Any idea what the repair work is?
 #1440222  by blockline4180

Was told grinding shoes on the axles... Don't know how long that will take.. Maybe 2 weeks at most?? I would think the move would be by the end of this week, but who knows.
 #1440613  by Otto Vondrak

Matt3010 wrote:The loss of all three county-owned lines, as well as the loss of the Bayway Switching ops to WATCO, leaves the M&E with just their Whippany Line, which is home to three customers (I think) and many new sidings that will be used for tank car storage.
When did Watco assume switching operations at Bayway?

-otto-
 #1440743  by bk77

Otto Vondrak wrote:
Matt3010 wrote:The loss of all three county-owned lines, as well as the loss of the Bayway Switching ops to WATCO, leaves the M&E with just their Whippany Line, which is home to three customers (I think) and many new sidings that will be used for tank car storage.

-otto-
From what I've heard the change over will happen in September.
 #1440787  by Matt3010

bk77 wrote:
Otto Vondrak wrote:

-otto-
From what I've heard the change over will happen in September.
I believe that is correct.
 #1440904  by blockline4180

Matt3010 wrote:H02 delivered the 915 to the D&R today.
Yes, I missed it of course, but it should be either at Chester or D&R junction as we speak. Maybe it will be used tomorrow?
 #1441484  by brwfan

Caboose bdrv 385 is in Washington yard tonight. Going to DRRR tomorrow. Looks like a decent amount of freight cars too, probably 10 or so
 #1443382  by Matt3010

H0N on duty Sunday 9/10/17 at 7:00am in Dover. Picking up an ex-CNJ passenger car at Chester Jct. that was trucked up from the SRNJ and delivering it to the URHS in Boonton. The entire yard will be switched out as well.
 #1443636  by blocksignal

Hi All. Sorry for a bit of a late post here. I observed H02 riding Light. 3010 was the power arriving at Mt. View/Wayne NJT Station at around 9:15 AM Thursday 9/7/2017 last week. They went to Totowa on the Totowa Industrial Spur to pick up 3 box cars and 2 covered hoppers. They returned to Mt. View/Wayne a little before 11 AM.

Blocksignal.