Railroad Forums 

• 2018 Toys Train

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1492165  by badorder

The 2018 Train is coming up,check the web site for stops and times,www.operationtoytrain.org From good itel,there is a change in the train consist and some interesting power. Please take photos and leave new unwrapped toys, Semper Fi !
 #1492167  by njtmnrrbuff

I was on the operationtoytrain.org page. I saw the times listed as well as the boxcars that will be in the consists. I don't see the motive power listed. What will be the motive power?
 #1492255  by badorder

The NS H02 is moving the Toys Train from Dover with a stop at Boonton to the NYSW at Saddle Brook on Thursday, I guess we will have to wait and see what they bring.
 #1492420  by ClearlyDiverging

njt/mnrrbuff wrote:I was on the operationtoytrain.org page. I saw the times listed as well as the boxcars that will be in the consists. I don't see the motive power listed. What will be the motive power?
The host railroads are responsible for the power. So whatever the NYSW and M&NJ have available this weekend is what will be used.

Remember.. This is NOT a railfan event. It is not designed for or catering to railfans. This a benefit for area children who are not as fortunate as others. If you're going to go out and shoot pictures or videos of this train, please bring a new and unwrapped toy to at least one of the stops.
 #1492449  by njtmnrrbuff

Correct, it is definately not catered toward railfans. It's purpose is to give to the needy children. I plan to do that. Hopefully other's will follow the advice too.
 #1492635  by badorder

The Toys Train on Sunday(M&NJ) is suppose to make a meet with the returning Toys Train from Albany at Campbell Hall,N.Y. at 1:00 p.m., for a planned photo.