Railroad Forums 

• CR on the Southern Secondary

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

#1515203  by bigblue5277

NJT4149 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:02 pm Permission on Church, 2:52 PM
Waiting on an eastbound (3256)
Also for anybody that may be in the Amboys area, OI-16 is making another daylight run to Browns; they're currently at WOOD
31 has permission to open Church at 3:32 PM
While driving over the Rt. 9 Raritan bridge, just happened to see the OI-16 crossing River Draw at 5:30 pm this past Monday (July 22).
 #1515707  by NJT4149

Permission to open Church at 3:33 PM
Lined and locked normal at 3:44 PM
 #1515860  by Bracdude181

As per a friend, there is currently a tamper or some sort of MOW vehicle parked on the tracks in Lakehurst. I will head out there to confirm this in a few minutes.
 #1515878  by David

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:50 am As per a friend, there is currently a tamper or some sort of MOW vehicle parked on the tracks in Lakehurst. I will head out there to confirm this in a few minutes.
Please get some pictures. Thanks.
 #1515896  by Bracdude181

Well I checked the entire mainline past Lakehurst. While looking on Mount Misery Pasaden Rd I saw what appeared to be a yellow rectangular shape along the ROW while looking north towards Lakehurst. Not quite sure what was, but to me it looked like some sort of motor car. It was too far away to be certain though. The rails at all the crossings I checked showed no sign of recent activity. There's also lots of weeds and downed trees along sections of the ROW. Of interest, some of the crossing relay cases are powered up...

All I can say is, if a crew went down there today they either left before I got there or were working in an area I could not see and/or access...
 #1516198  by Coast Line Railfan

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:00 pm Well I checked the entire mainline past Lakehurst. While looking on Mount Misery Pasaden Rd I saw what appeared to be a yellow rectangular shape along the ROW while looking north towards Lakehurst. Not quite sure what was, but to me it looked like some sort of motor car. It was too far away to be certain though. The rails at all the crossings I checked showed no sign of recent activity. There's also lots of weeds and downed trees along sections of the ROW. Of interest, some of the crossing relay cases are powered up...

All I can say is, if a crew went down there today they either left before I got there or were working in an area I could not see and/or access...
I was just at this location a few hours ago for an "attempted" bike ride (I know now that ties aren't the smoothest surface in the world) and I also thought I saw some MoW machinery. I made my way towards the yellow object and it turned out to be a downed tree. Not sure if we're talking about the same yellow object . . .
 #1516209  by Bracdude181

@CoastLineRailfan If you went north from the Mount Misery Pasaden Rd crossing to that tree then that could be what it was. I do recall seeing a tree down from where I was standing, but the object I saw was rectangular. All the downed trees I saw didn't have too many leaves left...
 #1516449  by RailsEast

A mini-convention of railfans at Pinebrook Rd today, it's always great to see the new generation of rail devotee's pursuing their passion (boy did I feel old today!). But anywho, I walked down the line a bit to grab a shot that was on my 'to do' list for awhile now. I don't remember exactly when this happened (feel free to correct me on this), but I believe the switch into the old Standard Roofing (now ABC Supply) complex near the GSP overpass at MP 42.7 was removed sometime in late 2017 or early 2018. As a young man in the 1970s, I remember looking down from the parkway to see boxcars on this siding, but there had been no activity on that trackage in 20 or 30 years. Alas, another siding bites the dust....

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=5172930

Chris
 #1516469  by Bracdude181

SA31 made it Woodhaven around 7 PM today. However the crew then proceeded to wait and do almost nothing until the SA38 crew took over at 9 PM.