• Delaware and Raritan River Railroad-General Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by Bracdude181

So it looks like they've been working on the Builders General Siding lately. New rails and ties between the entrance and the switch for the runaround, other parts were ballasted for the first time in many years. They also fixed that one really bad joint that was just before the crossing on the runaround side.

In other news, I in the area yesterday and saw that all the vehicles and other objects that normally sit very close to the Lakehurst Military Siding east of the first crossing have not returned following the cleaning...

Also, out of curiosity, has anyone noticed an increasing presence of NJDOT vehicles and personnel around the tracks over the last couple weeks? Particularly between Freehold and Lakewood?
  by Tanker1497

Bracdude181, 2 weeks ago and last week I saw two different NJT trucks one at Route 88 crossing and then the other on the move in Howel on Route 547.
  by Bracdude181

West through Farmingdale 11:37 am

1888 smoking everywhere again.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by Bracdude181

Forgot to ask, is C&D looking to work on the crossings south of Farmingdale? AT&T markings at a couple roads and the Miller Road relay case had some of the brush cut away from it.

by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm Also, out of curiosity, has anyone noticed an increasing presence of NJDOT vehicles and personnel around the tracks over the last couple weeks? Particularly between Freehold and Lakewood?
Yes & in Toms River too.
  by JohnFromJersey

Toms River? Didn't Conrail already rebuild a bunch/do heavy maintenance to the OOS crossings there a couple of years ago?
  by Bracdude181

They've been in Tom's River??? For what possible reason???

by AceMacSD

Bracdude181 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 4:43 pm They've been in Tom's River??? For what possible reason???

Maybe the same reason jersey transit trucks have been showing up there lately.
  by Bracdude181

I'm hoping it's not for anything bad. Some of my other pals told me a NJT supervisor rode with the JB2 a few weeks ago and took pictures of everything they did...

JB2 Northbound at DCS LAKEWOOD 10:33 am

4 empties, they had 2 for Woodhaven today.

by greyhairedpete

I'm sure there is something big in the works, that Ace cannot speak about, yet. The C&D team would not have taken on this line for just running to Lakewood with some lumber.
  by Greg

greyhairedpete wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:38 am I'm sure there is something big in the works, that Ace cannot speak about, yet. The C&D team would not have taken on this line for just running to Lakewood with some lumber.
Big? Besides Ace Roofing and Builders it looks like there's no other industries adjacent to the ROW that could be served. The only other thing left is the old BASF site so I'm not sure what could be big unless I missed something.