• Conrail Dispatching Changes

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New Jersey

Moderator: David

by CR7876

Effective 3:00pm 5/1/24:

South Jersey Dispatcher is being renamed "Terminal Dispatcher". They will be loosing control of the Vineland, Beesley Pt, Pennsgrove, and Chester Secondary's. They will be gaining control from North Jersey Dispatcher of CP-Pike ( North Jersey retains control of the Lehigh Line West of Pike and P&H Line West of Pike), CP-Fran, Northern and Southern Connection RT. National Docks Docks Branch territory of Garden power switches, (CP-) Upper Bay, CP-Canal, CP-Green. North Jersey Dispatcher retains control of the National Docks Branch From east of CP-Green.
Upper Bay Block Operator abolished.

Detroit Dispatcher will be renamed "Branch Line Dispatcher". They will be gaining control of the Vineland, Beesley Pt, Pennsgrove and Chester Secondary's.

Terminal will be AAR 55
Branch Line will be AAR 64.
  by Bracdude181

Why are these changes being made?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

by CR7876

Bracdude181 wrote:Why are these changes being made?
The company wanted to get rid of the operator at Upper Bay. They felt North Jersey Dispatcher was too busy and felt that Detroit was too lite. So they carved territory out of South, to give to Detroit.
  by Railcar1

CR7876 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:33 pm
Bracdude181 wrote:Why are these changes being made?
The company wanted to get rid of the operator at Upper Bay. They felt North Jersey Dispatcher was too busy and felt that Detroit was too lite. So they carved territory out of South, to give to Detroit.
So if I read this right, the SJ Dispatcher will still control the inbound and outbound trains from Camden, just under a new name?
  by CR7876

Railcar1 wrote: So if I read this right, the SJ Dispatcher will still control the inbound and outbound trains from Camden, just under a new name?
Yes. Terminal will control the Delair Branch and CP-John at Morrisville. Branch Line everything else in South Jersey.
  by Railcar1

I forgot to ask - North Jersey Disp is keeping its name?
  by CR7876

yes