Railroad Forums 

• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1002992  by Guilford Guy9887

Site Admin Note: Thanks for starting the new thread. I realize there may be some lack of continuity and discombobulation as we transition.

For the old thread: http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 26&t=78060 Some notes as this is a controversial topic:

1. CSRR/CSRX is a privately-owned railroad. Railroad.net makes no representation as to the management, its volunteers, or its operation. We make no representation for those who are critical of some aspects of the operation. Finally, we make no representation as to the opinions expressed here on the operation, pro or con. Judge for yourself those opinions posted on here based on your assessment of the source.
2. Again, this is a private operation. I.e. they are run for a profit, with an expected return on investment. Statements made here without substantion or untrue statements which could adversely affect the ability to make that profit. This could result in action on the part of the owners of CSRX. Again, railroad.net makes no representation on the truth of these statements, and is not liable for them.
3. If possible, back up any assertions with facts, or state opinions clearly as such. Unsubstantiated statements will result in either a request for substantiation, modification, or deletion. The owners, administrators, and moderators of railroad.net may modify or delete posts without notice which do not comply with these guidelines.
4. Leave out the superlatives, hyperbole', and ad hominem. I.e. no personal attacks, on either those pro or con.
5. Let's not play hash and rehash old news. Keep it fresh. Most of the users of this forum know where everyone stands.

That said, I do not intend the above to be an endorsement or rebuttal of anyone's opinions here. I understand both sides. Over the last year our members by and large have complied with these standards, including those critical of the operation. By all means, dispute opinions, but do not attack other members. Use facts to back these up. Do not use this thread to grind axes with either side. Railroad.net, while we support wholeheartedly tourist railroads and museums, whether for profit or not, DOES NOT HAVE A HORSE IN THIS RACE.

Any further discussion of the moderation of this thread should be posed to the moderators via PM or to [email protected] .

Have a great year discussing CSRX!

Happy new year! Time for a new thread

Has anyone heard where 1751 is? Did it make it's way to derby yet?
 #1003432  by Reader#108

NR- If you are going to be there for Steam In Snow, there is usually a few guys right around the fire station

as they connect 7470 to the train. They are standing there with their recorders and such, so maybe if you can get there

when she is being put on to the train, then you might get a shot.

-----1751 is in place in Derby from what I have been told, but I have no visual confirmation.

I did see a pic of Selkirk today that featured the U-Boats sitting on a siding with a string of other locomotives.
 #1003582  by steamer69

Looks like steam in the snow is going to be missing the snow part....too bad.
 #1003616  by Trainlover479

first post of 2012, but hey i really hope there is snow this time, when i went in January of 2010 there was alot of snow, it was waist deep and hard to navigate through, #573 accually stalled when tugging #7470 to notchland, thus having 7470 push on the rear of the consist with 573 pulling. it was an amazing trip and i hope some snow is on the ground this time, ive seen pictures of last years and there wasnt any snow at all.... looked more like "Steam in the 'Late Fall' ".
 #1003617  by Cosmo

Trainlover479 wrote:first post of 2012, but hey i really hope there is snow this time, when i went in January of 2010 there was alot of snow, it was waist deep and hard to navigate through, #573 accually stalled when tugging #7470 to notchland, thus having 7470 push on the rear of the consist with 573 pulling. it was an amazing trip and i hope some snow is on the ground this time, ive seen pictures of last years and there wasnt any snow at all.... looked more like "Steam in the 'Late Fall' ".
"Steam In The Mud" is what we who were there call it for that year. :wink:
 #1003619  by Trainlover479

HA good one, i just really hope there is a manly ammount of snow this year. I might not go to see it if there isnt snow. though i saw her go through the notch which was a real treat! :) its much more interesting and a little more spine chilling to hear that engine's whistle echo through the notch....
 #1003721  by Reader#108

or Steam In The NH Woods?

How about Steam In The Sun for this year's theme.....

since it is supposed to be 41 and sunny.....

I bought a one piece thermal outdoor suit last December and have used it once now to

shovel after the blizzard last January....Oh well.....

My guess is 573 will be pulling to Notchland again....I was kind of hoping for 216
 #1003737  by MEC407

Why not 252 instead of 573? Seeing as how 252's kind of the star of their diesel roster these days...
 #1003755  by Cosmo

miketrainnut wrote:Actually there is more snow in Conway than you may think. Couple inches in places. May be more toward Notchland. Plenty of ice on the ground in places too.

Mike
So this year it'll be "Steam In The Ice!" ?? :wink:
 #1003765  by Mikejf

Walk carefully. And make sure the picks are showing on the bottom of the tripod. Those rubber feet will just slide away in places. Snow expected now for Sunday. Maybe it will get here a day ahead of time.