Railroad Forums 

• Conway Scenic Railroad (CSRX) discussion thread

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1354427  by arthur d.

F-line to Dudley via Park wrote: the Madison customer is only a couple miles from North Conway, and NHN would have to runaround at NC when serving this customer.

History shows us through ETT's that Madison had a 34 car passing track. If the branch were to be reconstituted, no doubt the great thinkers have already seen the benefit of restoring the siding. Trundling along the seven odd miles to Conway just to run around your train isn't cost effective, even a blind man can see that. Running up the hill to North Conway, yet another five miles, making a round trip of twenty four miles just to get around your train, is just plain absurd.
 #1354648  by MEC407

...or that they've spent millions improving the line to Portland...
 #1354673  by MEC407

The link is working fine for me. (I'm not a subscriber.)
 #1354758  by RRFAN

Caught the end of the news on 97.7 in Vermont and it said trains in whitefield, NH, then it changed, so I'm not sure what they were talking about. I'll keep looking and see if I can find anything else on it.
 #1354880  by NHV 669

In other words, an article rehashing mostly old info, by someone who doesn't know how to properly organize thoughts into a fluid set of paragraphs.

Nothing to see here, move along.
 #1355161  by ericofmaine

RRFAN wrote:Any road crossings all the way to notchland with street lights? Want to see the murder mystery train and it will be dark when they depart.
From my memory of spending a summer with my grandparents in Bartlett, both the 302 crossing at the west end of town and at Bear Notch Road by the old freight house are both lit. Of course, that was 20 years ago...

Eric
 #1355308  by Cosmo

RRFAN wrote:Thanks eric! I'll check out those road tommow.

And here is another Conway daily dun article of a railfan raises concern for csrx in the future:
http://www.conwaydailysun.com/newsx/loc ... way-scenic" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That guy's just got his panties in a bunch over the whole G&U thing. Just sour grapes is all.