Railroad Forums 

• North Brookfield RR

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1075531  by daylight4449

papabarn wrote:
BrianS wrote:Why is there so much opposition for this railroad?
Hmmmm.. Actually, in this forum thread, unless my lousy math has gotten worse, I come up with 1. I've yet to see any evidence of ILUVEB's "we" (conclusive or otherwise) so myself, I've kind'a got to go with what I've got.
Hmm.... Maybe I should make a Team NBRR t-shirt too!
 #1075632  by ILUVEB

It may come as a surprise to you but the vast majority of people who care about this do not visit this site. Make your own conclusions. In the end, your assessment of opposition is meaningless. All that matters is what we (yes WE) do when the time comes, if it does. I know our enemies see this site - and you are probably one of them, or at best a fellow traveler. No matter, we (yes WE) are ready for the fight.
 #1075650  by F-line to Dudley via Park

ILUVEB wrote:It may come as a surprise to you but the vast majority of people who care about this do not visit this site. Make your own conclusions. In the end, your assessment of opposition is meaningless. All that matters is what we (yes WE) do when the time comes, if it does. I know our enemies see this site - and you are probably one of them, or at best a fellow traveler. No matter, we (yes WE) are ready for the fight.
Good god, man. Take off the frickin' warpaint and share some facts or insight or something if you want to contribute to the discussion. You look silly strutting around like Internet Tough Guy here. And people will treat it as silly behavior. We have absolutely no idea what you're going on about because you refuse to substantiate it with anything but tough guy 'tude.
 #1075688  by dcm74

ILUVEB wrote:We have extensively spoken with the STB, MA DEP, and attorneys, so yes, we know that of which we speak and we have documentation. If you want speculation, go to Chabot and Bigda. They promised a line running by summer. This is not a private enterprise - this is the NBBOS acting like a RR when they have no right to do so.

We are not going to arm our opponents with our specifics on a discussion thread. We did our research, and it took time and money. You can do the same - just don't rely on the Worcester T&G as the articles there on this topic do not come close to journalistic scrutiny, and accept Chabot and Bigda's claims without question. You may even be our opponents - that's speculation - see the difference?

Here's a non-speculative comment - the NBBOS and Bigda have no idea what hornets nest they kicked. We are ready and we will fight.
IF you should ever end up in court part of the process is called "discovery" where both sides have to reveal to the other what evidence they plan to use. Either side can then attempt to refute the other's information.
 #1075704  by MEC407

MEC407 wrote:Who is/are "we" in this context?
ILUVEB wrote:All that matters is what we (yes WE) do when the time comes, if it does. I know our enemies see this site - and you are probably one of them, or at best a fellow traveler. No matter, we (yes WE) are ready for the fight.
Soooo... you're not going to tell us?

OK...
Attachments:
kookoo.gif
kookoo.gif (20.18 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
 #1075753  by dcm74

ILUVEB wrote:It may come as a surprise to you but the vast majority of people who care about this do not visit this site. Make your own conclusions. In the end, your assessment of opposition is meaningless. All that matters is what we (yes WE) do when the time comes, if it does. I know our enemies see this site - and you are probably one of them, or at best a fellow traveler. No matter, we (yes WE) are ready for the fight.
This almost seems like a bluff. I'm sure Mr. Bigda has lawyers who are experienced with railroad law who would be well aware of any laws you claim to have on your side. I doubt if he would proceed with a large investment if he didn't know what he was doing and having every duck in a row to avoid potential problems. I would also suspect that some who have encroached on the property as was reported in the Worcester Telegram articles may have done so illegally and are afraid of repercussions.
 #1075854  by Cosmo

Ok, so...
IT IS ESTABLISHED that "WE" in the hereto above case of ILUVEB vs NBBOS constitutes any and all disgruntled NIMBY land-abutters or non-abutters who's rights to dump trash and ride mini bikes upon an extant ROW not abandoned and currently under repurposement for original intent would be infringed upon by said same.

...right?
 #1075874  by MaineCoonCat

In 2003 on or about April 7th, ""Baghdad Bob" ( Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf ) said: "We blocked them inside the city.Ê Their rear is blocked....Ê They pushed a few of their armored carriers and some tanks with their soldiers. ÊWe besieged them and I think we will finish them soon."
In 2012 on August 23rd, ILUVEB wrote:the NBBOS and Bigda have no idea what hornets nest they kicked. We are ready and we will fight.
In 2012 on August 24th, ILUVEB wrote:It may come as a surprise to you but the vast majority of people who care about this do not visit this site. Make your own conclusions. In the end, your assessment of opposition is meaningless. All that matters is what we (yes WE) do when the time comes, if it does. I know our enemies see this site - and you are probably one of them, or at best a fellow traveler. No matter, we (yes WE) are ready for the fight.
I shall leave the rest up to the reader...
 #1075971  by Otto Vondrak

ILUVEB wrote:Here's a non-speculative comment - the NBBOS and Bigda have no idea what hornets nest they kicked. We are ready and we will fight.
A hornet's sting heals and goes away... And usually the hornet dies after it's done buzzing around annoying whoever it stung. But, please continue, I'm sure this will work out great for you in the end.

-otto-
 #1076021  by KEN PATRICK

can this be a simple c&d pre-emption play? as i recall, the ware attempt to 'create' a railroad on 400' of track off the mcrr and adjacent to the river died . the market remains. i don't know the tip at southbridge but i'm sure pricing could sustain a railroad move to ohio. does this railroad do the moves for the csxt auto terminal? ken patrick
 #1076247  by daylight4449

KEN PATRICK wrote:can this be a simple c&d pre-emption play? as i recall, the ware attempt to 'create' a railroad on 400' of track off the mcrr and adjacent to the river died . the market remains. i don't know the tip at southbridge but i'm sure pricing could sustain a railroad move to ohio. does this railroad do the moves for the csxt auto terminal? ken patrick
East Brookfield and Spencer serves the auto facility. All the motive power is leased from Railroad Equipment Trusts (or RTEX as it is better known).
 #1159438  by CVRA7

Any news on this proposed operation? The silence has been deafening!
 #1160153  by daylight4449

CVRA7 wrote:Any news on this proposed operation? The silence has been deafening!
To be honest, I'm as surprised as you that there's been no news. I wouldn't be surprised if the plans are dead...
 #1185086  by MaineCoonCat

daylight4449 wrote:
CVRA7 wrote:Any news on this proposed operation? The silence has been deafening!
To be honest, I'm as surprised as you that there's been no news. I wouldn't be surprised if the plans are dead...
WCVB TV-5's "Chronicle" had a segment on about North Brookfield including Dan Bigda tonight; of which I only caught about 45 seconds.. Just enough to show a quick glimpse of his model layout.. Dunno' what I missed or if there was any mention of this project.
 #1185108  by Safetee

With a little research, I found that the Chronicle story was about Kara Bigda, an excellent painter/artist. And no, I didnt detect any paintings of trains.