Railroad Forums 

• Official Valley Railroad Thread (VALE)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#972845  by Cosmo

Hand.

(Oh, and it's going to be FUN "shoveling forward" in that thing... lotta flat space at the bottom of the bunker.) :wink:
 #975927  by Seeknay

I'm planning on getting over to the VRR this fall for the foliage, wanted to know...........any rumors if the 3025 will be ready in the next few weeks, or is it something more like a winter time unveiling?

Thanks!
 #975935  by Otto Vondrak

Seeknay wrote:I'm planning on getting over to the VRR this fall for the foliage, wanted to know... any rumors if the 3025 will be ready in the next few weeks, or is it something more like a winter time unveiling?
I don't think the operation of 3025 will be kept a secret from anyone. We all want to see it completed and operating, and so does the railroad, so rest assured they will make sure everyone knows when it will be placed in service. If you want a guess as to when, yours is as good as mine (or anyone else's).
 #975947  by daylight4449

Otto Vondrak wrote:
Seeknay wrote:I'm planning on getting over to the VRR this fall for the foliage, wanted to know... any rumors if the 3025 will be ready in the next few weeks, or is it something more like a winter time unveiling?
I don't think the operation of 3025 will be kept a secret from anyone. We all want to see it completed and operating, and so does the railroad, so rest assured they will make sure everyone knows when it will be placed in service. If you want a guess as to when, yours is as good as mine (or anyone else's).
That, and a 142 ton secret that has the potential to drown out the noise from a highway. I think it would be easy to keep a secret like that ;)
Come to think of it, maybe if it was disguised as a Hymek diesel-hydraulic, it might just be possible...
 #976001  by Cosmo

Otto Vondrak wrote:
"Next few weeks" is about as best an estimate as I can give you. It's CLOSE,... but still in progress.
I'm sure that me or Lee or someone will post the news when it happens, meanwhile come on by! Even if it's not up and running you can still poke your head in and take a peek. Just remember the shop is not a "visitor area." Be respectful and courteous and keep safety in mind at all times.
 #976165  by Cosmo

1) Yes
2) They'll use the diesel if they have to, but
3) It SHOULD (knock on wood) be done well before then. :wink:
 #976369  by ebtmikado

A MEET AT DEEP RIVER

On Saturdays and Sundays in October, Valley Railroad Train 8, the 2:00 PM northbound departure from Essex, is scheduled to meet Train 23, the southbound Essex Clipper Dinner Train at the siding in Deep River. If everything works perfectly, the meet takes place with neither train having to stop. Today was one of those perfect days. Here is Mikado 40 on the point, while GE 80-Tonner 0900 leads the Dinner Train.

Enjoy,
Lee
 #976567  by Cosmo

VALE40 wrote:Rumor has it that 3025 is outside and has her cab affixed and tender behind her. Anyone have any pics of the locomotive?
Correct except for the outside part.
Plenty of pics on the FB "Friends Of The Valley" site.