Railroad Forums 

• Official Naugatuck Railroad thread (NAUG/RMNE)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#936155  by EDM5970

Daylight- A 'Draper-taper' FL-9? You have to be kidding. Where would you put that super-sized electrical cabinet? Have you ever been in an F unit?

2019 is an historical piece of equipment, native to that railroad, if not that specific branch. Rest assured, RMNE will not be making any changes to it like that; it won't become some sort of CFL-9.

Are you the guy, several years back, that suggested railroads duct tape heavy duty flashlights to handrails, to comply with the FRA ditch light requirements?
 #936561  by CannaScrews

I hope they had sunblock on their forearms - or the pullover sleeves the old-time clerks used - I got a couple of hairs singed through the slot of where my heavy cotton shirt sleeve buttons to the wrist!

Too slow shoveling the coal.

Am bringing a couple of ears of corn & some small potatoes wrapped in aluminum foil & cooking them when the ash is dumped.
 #937485  by EDM5970

I just realized I made an embarrassing mistake with the Flagg Coal 75 dates. The last weekend is June 3 (Friday) through June 5 (Sunday). My bad, a very big one; I hope no one made plans for this coming Monday. The correct info is at http://www.rmne.org.
 #938115  by Otto Vondrak

Engine was running sweet and crowds were good today! I did a volunteer run on the track patrol following the train. Great weather, if you want to take a ride behind a real steam engine, you still have one more chance Sunday, June 5!

-otto-
 #938157  by Otto Vondrak

Dick H wrote:Probably following the steam engine in case an errant spart set a grass or brush fire.
Yes. Safety first.
 #938175  by daylight4449

Otto Vondrak wrote:Engine was running sweet and crowds were good today! I did a volunteer run on the track patrol following the train. Great weather, if you want to take a ride behind a real steam engine, you still have one more chance Sunday, June 5!

-otto-
On the note of the 75, you were in Luis Albir's video that he put on his youtube page when 75 visited originally. Anywho, now I understand why the 2203 followed the 75 last year, or is the track patrol done in a speeder? In his video, 2203 was hiding in the shadow of 75's train.
 #938444  by Otto Vondrak

Let's try to keep the Dylan-induced facepalms and groans of dismay to a minimum.

Mike Foley's photographs of Flagg Coal 75 while visiting the Naugatuck Railroad.

http://yonkersrails.zenfolio.com/flagg75naug
 #938448  by Reader#108

I was there today....missed you by one day again Otto......had a nice time, the Magician and coloring pages and such where great for the kids, touring the 1109 and the B&M caboose was great.....the 11 year old got up in the cab of 75, wasn't letting the 4 year old up there.....all in all a great day!