Railroad Forums 

• Official Naugatuck Railroad thread (NAUG/RMNE)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1286885  by CannaScrews

DutchRailnut wrote:Naugy has CP points now ;-) a CP point is a remote controlled point or interlocking.
Actually, there is only one CP - CP BK located at milepost 0.2. It is used mostly around the hours of 10AM-2PM.

The other locations are really "Stations". "Junque" is the vernacular for the Waterville runaround a/k/a Johnnies. Plume is correct.

Don't want anybody to call the dispatcher & give the wrong locations ....
 #1288153  by CannaScrews

Or better - perhaps the website can address the issue.

"The 75 minute trip will take you from the 1881 Thomaston Station alongside the scenic Mattituck State Forest and Naugatuck River to the former brass mills of Waterbury and up the side of the Thomaston Dam".

But writing copy is not my thing..... :P :wink:
 #1290962  by CannaScrews

The reasoning behind targeting advertising dollars on the Waterbury Line (and certain connecting trains) is?

Where is your market? Who is your target audience? What message will you display?

The suggestion may not be farfetched, but I think you will need to flesh out the advertising campaign to have the marketing group consider proposals.
 #1290973  by fl9m2004

Just one of those guys who would rather see people on trains more than the interstates
I'm sure that once connections are possible and I'm not saying every train but certain ones I'm sure there are people in the Housatonic river valley who enjoy secenic train rides
And I'm sure it can help the Naugatuck get the volunteers needed to restore equipment
 #1290997  by H.F.Malone

The Housatonic River Valley is a different place. "Naugatuck Railroad": Naugatuck River (valley).

Also, bear in mind that the MNCR cars rotate through many different service patterns, and may only be on the Waterbury Branch for a day, or even less. So, which cars should have NAUG adverts in them? Maybe ALL the Bom cars?? A wee bit expensive, no?
 #1291024  by TrainManTy

fl9m2004 wrote:Has the Nagatuck railroad thought about advertising on Metro North's Waterbury trains and connecting with certain trains on Sundays or Tuesdays
(Emphasis mine)

The Naugatuck Railroad does not reach the Metro-North station at Waterbury, getting there would require operating over a short stretch of Pan Am Southern track.
 #1291427  by Otto Vondrak

fl9m2004 wrote:When Thomas the tank engine ran how long did it take to acquire paper work over pas track
And same with the Nrhs convention trip
English, please?
 #1291454  by fl9m2004

When the Naugatuck flyer train ran to Waterbury back in 2005 how long did it take for pan am southern to clear it for track usage
Are they pretty reliable at making decisions quickly or are they like other freight railroads
The reason I'm asking is because I was on that special that met a metro north train at Waterbury station
Ran really well