Railroad Forums 

• Mass Coastal Railroad (MC) Discussion

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#797210  by masscoastal

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to drop a line on here and let anyone who may be interested and those who didnt already know that I'm working on my HO layout of the Cape Rail System. It will have both the MC and CCC lines running, and will cover from Rochester down to Hyannis and S. Yarmouth. I'm actually remodeling my layout room as we speak, so to keep my "hobby bug" at bay, I started a small website and forum for my layout "Mass Coastal Model Railroad" Feel free to stop by and check it out. I know most everyone on this thread is interested in the Cape Rail Sytem, so I though some of you may find it interesting... Thanks again,
Here's the link!

http://www.masscoastal.net/

-Patrick
 #867393  by masscoastalfan

Mass Coastal is expecting deliver of its newest locomotive an EMD GP50 from National Rail Equipment . The engine has made its way from Illonois over the last few weeks and was reported through Walpole, MA on its way to Mass Coastal rails this morning. As i said it is a GP50 ex NREX 2948 ex UP5541 and ex CNW 5089.
 #868617  by Tracer

I took a drive around the wye in New Bedford and noticed they have started the bridge work over deane, coggshell and sawyer streets. They have pullled the track on the deane st bridge and are apparently using the bridge as a road to access the other bridges needing work further south down the line. It looks like the switch at the southern end of the wye near deane st has been pulled up.

As a side note with cape wind apparently setting up its staging area in the port of New Bedford it would be great to see some turbine parts come to New Bedford via rail :-D .
 #868651  by GP40MC1118

As long as the bridge project is going on, nothing is coming via rail past the switch to the Wainer siding.
It'll be interesting to see if the PCB traffic returns in the Spring. The wind turbine site is south of
yard and has no rail access. Closest is the old power plant down the waterfront. Then you'd have to
truck it. Bargiing it in would be easier.

d
 #898730  by masscoastal

Hey I know this is last minute, but does anyone know the current Mass Coastal schedule these days? Heading out to the cape in the morning for a day or two and was hoping to catch a few goos pics, Just curious where and when! Thanks in advance if anyone can help! -Pat
 #911302  by StevieC48

New to this thread. But was wondering where are they storing the engine they have stored in Taunton. Haven't seen it there since the cold weather. Are they keeping it where they have pluge for the engine. Bay Colony pulled out the electrical equipment to layover the engine when they left,