Railroad Forums 

• Fore River Transportation (FRVT) / Braintree Yard

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1374071  by boatsmate

FYI, Drove past the Fore River RR last Monday and the "Pink Engine" Has been moved from where its been sitting for may years to the front of the engine house on the Stub track. Not sure why, could not see too much as I was driving by and caught off guard by its presence, when I came back by later that night it was still there. I will look when I go to work Monday to see if it is still there.
 #1375541  by boatsmate

Update, A check of the area on Monday (mar 14) the Pink engine (17) was not outside the front of the engine house as it was the week before, one of the B23-7's was out in front on the stub track and the other B23-7 was on the track beside the engine house. the Caboose (normally stored inside the house) and the maroon engine along with 17 where no where to be see, I can only assume that they are in the engine house.

I will be back through the area on Monday next week and will update if I can find them.
 #1375553  by MEC407

Photos by Charles Freericks:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=569664" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=569665" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=569671" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=569672" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1375865  by boatsmate

Yes they do. Cars are brought up by the CSX night job out of Middleboro. (sorry can not remember the train symbol). the Fore River job normally goes out to Braintree around 11 am if there is cars headed out. they service the plant M-F. the plant will move the empties out to the crossing to the boats with their track mobile. on weekends they bring extra cars and the track mobile will shuffle those cars around the racks also.
 #1375929  by Cosmo

trainsinmaine wrote:The last I knew, the Downeast Scenic Railroad had a old pink switcher in its yard. Now I have a pretty good idea where it came from. I love the thing!
Do you mean BESIDES the one they got from CSRX?
 #1376584  by boatsmate

A check (drive by on the way home from work) showed the Number 17 sitting out on the working track, by the engine house where the active unit is normally parked over night. Not sure, but if I where a betting man I would say this unit is back in service. will check back next Monday.
 #1379766  by djimpact1

boatsmate wrote:A check (drive by on the way home from work) showed the Number 17 sitting out on the working track, by the engine house where the active unit is normally parked over night. Not sure, but if I where a betting man I would say this unit is back in service. will check back next Monday.
I wish I could say that's indeed the case, but it unfortunately isn't. The 17 is still OOS, and was inside the engine house this weekend. There is a respectable amount of work that it needs before it's operational. From what I've been told, when that occurs (if at all) is up in the air at the moment.
 #1380507  by djimpact1

boatsmate wrote:Any Idea why it I in the engine house then? it was way out of the way were it was.
There might have been some equipment moves to accommodate getting the other engines in the house for simultaneous work. It's not large enough to accommodate the 17, 7750, 101 & 102 at the same time, so 17 may have been moved out to get the other 3 engines back-to-back-to-back in there (likely one of them would've still stuck out the back end of the house if this was the case).

Last I saw a few weeks ago, 7750 was out in front of the engine house. I believe it's still operational, but was told it needs some work as well...I don't think to the degree that 17 needs though.