Railroad Forums 

• The Bartlett Roundhouse Preservation Club

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#635721  by Otto Vondrak

PORRTrainman1888 wrote:
Otto Vondrak wrote:Good deal. I know the wheels of progress turn slowly in wintertime ;-)
Got the OK Otto, we are good to go! Let me know what to do next, can you also set up the .org address registry?
Great - let's continue this part of the conversation off-site. I'll work on getting you guys up and running without boring everyone here with the details...

-otto-
 #636362  by Otto Vondrak

eman577 wrote:Thanks to Otto for his efforts. Please take a look, and consider
joining the effort to preserve this historic structure.
Glad to help, hope we can keep everyone informed and up to date...

-otto-
 #636412  by Cosmo

Excelent job guys!
I see an atractive, well organized and easily navigated site. Always a pluss to any oraganization these days. :wink:
 #636428  by Otto Vondrak

Couple questions-

- Are the rails still embedded in the floor of the roundhouse, or have they been paved over or removed?

- When in the next work session? How much work can volunteers do at this point to help seal up the structure?

- Any fundraisers coming up?

-otto-
 #636460  by Bartlett Roundhouse

Otto Vondrak wrote:- Are the rails still embedded in the floor of the roundhouse, or have they been paved over or removed?
*The rails are intact in Stalls 1( the long stall) and 2, however Stall 3 and 4 rails have been mostly removed.
- When in the next work session? How much work can volunteers do at this point to help seal up the structure?
*The next work session will be when all the snow has left the roof and an assesment done of the winters damage, if any. The structure is pretty secure right now, when snow breaks we will have a better handle on what needs to be done around and inside the building.
- Any fundraisers coming up?
No, we only have 44 members and no fundraising chairman. We are working on HO and N scale versions of the Roundhouse as well as a few other crawford notch trackside structures that have never been done.
 #636894  by Cosmo

Otto Vondrak wrote:
Cosmo wrote:Think you guys can do one in G-Scale? (1:32)
Sadly, no. You'd need a forklift to deliver the kit.

LMAO!!
Actually, you're probably not too far off.
I met a dealer at Springfield who's offering the RH in HO, and he does lazer-cut windows, etc.
I think I may have talked him into making just the windows and the doors for others to build the rest.

I'd settle for just the doors in G scale!