Railroad Forums 

• The Bartlett Roundhouse Preservation Club

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1352250  by baatlettroundhouseguy

b&m 1566 wrote:Congratulations! Looking forward to the finish line. I know it's some years down the road but have you guys/gals started to think about what to do with the interior when its time?
Thanks very much! Interior will be a Museum, if we can ever just get the exterior done. Still a lot of work ahead of us!
Scotty
 #1352667  by gokeefe

baatlettroundhouseguy wrote:As of 9/29/15 The Bartlett Roundhouse is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places!!!Thanks to all who helped make this a reality!!!!!
Congratulations Scotty. By the way ... as best I can tell ... this is the first place in Bartlett, New Hampshire ever listed in the NRHP. Might want to inform the town of that. I'm sure they will be quite excited.

I would encourage you to update the wiki on Bartlett, New Hampshire with this information.
 #1353056  by baatlettroundhouseguy

gokeefe wrote:
baatlettroundhouseguy wrote:As of 9/29/15 The Bartlett Roundhouse is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places!!!Thanks to all who helped make this a reality!!!!!
Congratulations Scotty. By the way ... as best I can tell ... this is the first place in Bartlett, New Hampshire ever listed in the NRHP. Might want to inform the town of that. I'm sure they will be quite excited.

I would encourage you to update the wiki on Bartlett, New Hampshire with this information.
Thank you!! It's been a long road. I have updated Wiki, info on Bartlett is small compared to other towns in the US. The town fathers are aware of the listing and I hope they are pleased. They and other dignitaries and folks will be invited to the dedication ceremony when we get and put the plaque on the building. You are right, this is Bartlett's first NRHP listing. Thank you and all you readers for your continues support!
Scotty
 #1353103  by gokeefe

That's really great. For a state as historic as New Hampshire to be the first NHRP listing in a town is a pretty big deal. This really defines things in some very big ways .... Bartlett will now forever be remembered as a railroad town.