Railroad Forums 

• The Bartlett Roundhouse Preservation Club

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#636901  by Bartlett Roundhouse

Cosmo wrote:I met a dealer at Springfield who's offering the RH in HO, and he does lazer-cut windows, etc.
I think I may have talked him into making just the windows and the doors for others to build the rest.

I'd settle for just the doors in G scale!
LMAO! Thats the gentleman we are working with,lol Creative Laser Design! Aint it a small world!
 #636907  by Cosmo

PORRTrainman1888 wrote: LMAO! Thats the gentleman we are working with,lol Creative Laser Design! Aint it a small world!
Thought so!
I just had a feeling. :wink:
Yes, small world indeed. :-D

BTW: I'm still looking for info, pictures, drawings of the (later version of the) Bartlett Passenger station, if anybody out there has such a thing. :wink:
 #637027  by Otto Vondrak

Cosmo wrote:I'm still looking for info, pictures, drawings of the (later version of the) Bartlett Passenger station, if anybody out there has such a thing.
You may want to start a new thread about that... may get better results.
 #661517  by Otto Vondrak

Spring is here and the Bartlett Roundhouse Preservation Club is gearing up for more clean-up activities and fundraising events. April update posted, check out their web site at: www.bartlettroundhouse.org

-otto-
 #687088  by Otto Vondrak

Update for June posted. Work sessions scheduled for July, anyone is welcome to help out!

http://www.bartlettroundhouse.org
 #690612  by Bartlett Roundhouse

gokeefe wrote:Did the roundhose ever have inspection pits in the bays or is there a solid floor at ground level?
The Roundhouse had inspection pits in each stall when it was built in 1887-1888. However over the years they were all filled in. The floor in there now is asphalt, no pits remain.
 #690620  by CVRA7

Based on the pits at the Columbia Jct roundhouse of the Conn. Eastern RR Museum in Willimantic CT (new building over the original floor) the old pits were probably quite shallow compared to modern-day inspection pits. Possibly the outline and floor of the Bartlett pits are intact under the asphalt.
 #690685  by gokeefe

I have no idea about the dimensions of the roundhouse but I've sometimes wondered if small amounts of incremental revenue could be generated by renting out bay space to Conway Scenic or Private Varnish owners wishing to store rollingstock under cover.

Has any consideration been given to this idea in the long-term?
 #690694  by Bartlett Roundhouse

gokeefe wrote:I have no idea about the dimensions of the roundhouse but I've sometimes wondered if small amounts of incremental revenue could be generated by renting out bay space to Conway Scenic or Private Varnish owners wishing to store rollingstock under cover.

Gokeefe,
No consideration has been given to this because the BRHPC does not lease the building, we only have rights to try and restore it. With less than 50 members and not alot of revenue to do it with, it's going to take alot of time to renovate the structure, to make it weather proof, which it is not now.
Future plans call for a white mountain and Bartlett Railroad History Center. CSRR has passed on the building, they have thier own Roundhouse. Only the State of NH, which owns the building, can lease space, if they choose to do so, but there are no future plans for it right now, that I know of.
 #690759  by gokeefe

PORRTrainman1888 wrote:
gokeefe wrote:I have no idea about the dimensions of the roundhouse but I've sometimes wondered if small amounts of incremental revenue could be generated by renting out bay space to Conway Scenic or Private Varnish owners wishing to store rollingstock under cover.

Gokeefe,
No consideration has been given to this because the BRHPC does not lease the building, we only have rights to try and restore it. With less than 50 members and not alot of revenue to do it with, it's going to take alot of time to renovate the structure, to make it weather proof, which it is not now.
Future plans call for a white mountain and Bartlett Railroad History Center. CSRR has passed on the building, they have thier own Roundhouse. Only the State of NH, which owns the building, can lease space, if they choose to do so, but there are no future plans for it right now, that I know of.
Is the intention to locate the history center in the Roundhouse or in an adjacent structure?