Railroad Forums 

• Does the Holyoke Heritage Park Railroad Still Exist?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1841  by shadyjay

Topic says it all.... does it?

I remember the three Holyoke cars from 1991-1993 when they were leased to the Valley Railroad in Essex, CT. Two were coaches, one was a coach with a bar. If the Holyoke railroad doesn't exist, where did its equipment go? Anyone have any pics?

-Jay Hogan

#1855  by Guest

The Holyoke Heritage Park Railway hasn't run for several years and the equipment is still kept in Holyoke at the very end of the Pioneer Valley Railroad Holyoke Line.

#6182  by shadyjay

I never myself went on that railroad, but I remember the three cars which were at the Valley Railroad down in Essex. Two were in regular use (one on the dinner train, the other a coach on the steam train which also had electric heat). The third car had a crumier paint scheme but excellent interior. I recall seeing it being pulled by the US Army diesel back when the army was still down in Essex in the early 1990s. While at the VRR, all the cars kept their Holoyke Heritage lettering and only the one used on the dinner train was altered the most - being converted from coach seats with bar section to a dining car with bar.

-Jay Hogan

#6530  by Jedijk88

The Holyoke Heritage Park Railway was an excursion operation run over the Holyoke line of the Pioneer Valley Railroad from the late 80s to mid 90s.