Railroad Forums 

• Plymouth & Lincoln Railroad (HOBO, Winnipesaukee Scenic)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1398712  by p42thedowneaster

I'm pretty sure the state owned locomotive situation is something thats been going on for a very very long time. I think these were originally acquired for operations of the North Stratford RR and the Lincoln line post B&M/MEC years. I believe the other two ALCos came from the Wolfeboro and Maine Coast RRs.

Deep phisophical question....
If an S3 now wears Blunt trucks (instead of her original AAR trucks) does that not make her now an S1? 1186 had AAR trucks on the Wolfeboro, but not anymore.
No complaints though, Blunt trucks are far more interesting to look at!
 #1403749  by b&m 1566

I never realized the dinner train was separate from the railroad.

Does the railroad plan to run excursion trains this year for the Pumpkin Festival? It takes place 10/22. Checking the festival website, I couldn't find anything about train rides.
 #1404337  by diburning

p42thedowneaster wrote:As far as I know they are still seperate entities.

I'm not sure if this is true or still accurate...but I heard they had an interesting agreement. Since the CLDT made all the box lunches for the day trips, the Hobo provided motive power for the dinner train in return.
Does CLDT own the equipment for the train? If so, do the cars have any sort of reporting marks? Or do they not since the train isn't interchange equipment? They have an interesting combination of equipment, and I would like to know the history behind them.
 #1421260  by Mikejf

So? That is how it came to them, correct? It was only painted that way to represent the paint jobs of the B&M, not for accuracy. 99.9% of the people that ride behind the locomotive will never notice the difference.
 #1421262  by MEC407

I don't think 1566 was trying to criticize anything/anyone, but merely asking if anyone else had noticed.

I hadn't noticed until now.

I'm wondering if the T painted that unit in-house or if the paint job was contracted out. (Their GP40 and their GP18 were painted by Guilford, for example.)

In fairness to whoever painted it, B&M did some less-than-perfect paint jobs back in the day, and a few that were downright sloppy. They also did some that were excellent. There's a lot of variability depending on the time period and depending on the management at any given time.
 #1421337  by b&m 1566

The caption of this picture says that 1921 is owned by the Budd RDC Foundation. I knew it was privately owned and leased to the Plymouth & Lincoln but until now, I didn't know who owned it. A very quick google search turned up nothing on the Budd RDC Foundation and I've never heard of it. Does anyone have more information on them? Is it a local foundation, national?