Railroad Forums 

• Plymouth & Lincoln Railroad (HOBO, Winnipesaukee Scenic)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1293163  by MEC407

I wonder if they're leasing it or buying it. EMD switchers still sell for big bucks due to very high demand.
 #1293350  by MinutemanMaroon

I heard that the Plymouth and Lincoln is receiving a new locomotive, an EMD SW 1000. There are pictures posted on NERAIL of the unit in Palmer, MA all painted up for the Hobo. What is the reason for this change-up? Will this engine become the standard Hobo Railroad power, with the GP7 being the Winnipesaukee Railroad standard? And what will happen to the old Alcos and GP9 #1921? I also heard that one of the Budd Cars is leaving Lincoln. Where could that be going? Sorry about all the questions, i'ts a big change and I've been in Keene for college, away from all the action! :(
 #1293432  by GP40MC1118

It's a former CB&Q/BN/BNSF SW1000, moving to New England as LTEX 1012.
Currently painted, but not lettered for HOBO as yet. Was out of Selkirk last night
on Q426 for Worcester, then PAR.

D
 #1293474  by daylight4449

MEC407 wrote:I wonder if they're leasing it or buying it. EMD switchers still sell for big bucks due to very high demand.
I'm putting my money on a lease... Newer SW-type units rasily go for $350k in good condition. Older ones can go for around $100k assuming they're in decent mechanical shape, or more if they were rebuilt.
 #1347638  by b&m 1566

Looks like the railroad is getting involved with the Pumpkin Festival which will be in Laconia this year (previously held in Keene). There doesn't appear to be a a schedule yet for departures.
http://www.pumpkinfestival2015.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;