Railroad Forums 

• Plymouth & Lincoln Railroad (HOBO, Winnipesaukee Scenic)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#778155  by p42thedowneaster

Oh definitely...and I think that's how Flagg Coal #75 is moving too.
It would seem like a pretty easy move to bring Porter #1 right in the back entrance of Hobo Hill! I'm sure the Clark's could make it happen.
 #778338  by Steam3713

One good reason why none on the White Mountain Central locomotives would be able to operate on the P&L trackage: they are not FRA certified. The WMC is an insular operation, and its locomotives do not have to be FRA certified--just pass state boiler regulations. The P&L trackage is under FRA jurisdiction.
 #778932  by p42thedowneaster

That's a fabulous reason! Just knowing that the federal government has kept itself away from such a fine operation gives me hope!

Any special plans this year for the HOBO or Winnipesaukee?
 #790017  by b&m 1566

Are there any reported washouts from this current storm or from the previous storms? With all this rain we have been getting, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was one!
 #814805  by b&m 1566

Railfest 2010 is coming up next weekend; this will also include the White Mountain Central Railroad!
 #818076  by b&m 1566

Is it true that this year will be the last year for railroad shuttle service for Motorcycle Week? My girlfriend’s father is up there right now and he was told the train is only shuttling the weekend and that this is more than likely last year; thoughts, reason(s)?
 #909429  by b&m 1566

I just took a look at the website and saw that the first train of the season for the Winnipesaukee Scenic is mothers but the regular service for both the Hobo and Winn do not start until Memorial Day weekend, did the Winnipesaukee always start Memorial Day Weekend? For some reason I always thought trains started rolling regularly at the beginning of May.
 #911152  by daylight4449

Having visited the hobo, CSRR, and mount washington cog, i can say that the hobo is a class act. I still need to ride the Winipasukee though. Just hope they get they yankee moving soon.
 #911568  by b&m 1566

I highly recommend the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad, the views of the lake and the mountains are spectacular; the only down fall is that the sunsets on the wrong side of the lake.
If you’re a history buff and enjoy folklore and the likes, you will be a little bit disappointed because they don’t narrate the ride.
 #965261  by b&m 1566

With heavy wind and rain expected tomorrow from the hurricane, management has canceled all Sunday, train departures for the Hobo and Winnipesaukee.
 #965853  by b&m 1566

No washouts reported thus far. Winnipesaukee service will resume service today but Hobo service has been cancelled do to high water in the Pemi.