Railroad Forums 

• What to see near Peterborough NH?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1512997  by Amtrak706

Hi all,

I will be in Peterborough, NH next weekend and I will have some time Sunday morning and afternoon to see some trains. Where would be my best bet to go? I am primarily interested in Pan Am or any of the other smaller roads up there, if any run on Sundays.
 #1513006  by Dick H

The railroad lines in and around Peterborough are long gone. The closest line is in Gardner MA, about 25 miles south of Peterborough. The Province and Worcester also runs into Gardner. The PAR main line and P&W interchange is a few blocks west of the downtown area. I do not know what action you might see on a Sunday. Click on the "Gardner Gawking" subject on the PAR forum to get an idea of Gardner action.
 #1513014  by jaymac

What Dick H said...
To the east, there's also low order of probability for Milford & Bennington or Nashua activity then, and even the Monadnock Center for History and Culture and the Peterborough Town Library are closed on Sunday per their websites.
There are hours -- especially on Sundays -- when the loudest sound between 345 and 346 is from rails expanding in the sun. Or there could be a 3-way meet, even 4-way if the P&W is in town.