Railroad Forums 

• Mystery railroad station near Boston

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1374416  by The EGE

Definitely does look like those Saugus Branch stations. The only overhead bridges on the line to my knowledge were Revere Beach Parkway and Tiverton Street, both near the beginning of the line in Everett. West Street station was located between the two and the geometry is right for the road to be Revere Beach Parkway. It doesn't match the one image available of the station, but it's possible it was replaced.

#1374429  by caduceus

Actually, looking older aerial views at http://www.historicaerials.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (I'm not sure how to provide a link to the map location exactly), but it DOES appear that there was a bridge over the tracks immediately south of Franklin Park station in Revere, and it still existed into the 70s but was completely gone by the 90s...I don't even remember a bridge there but it was a quite a while ago..
 #1374479  by Ridgefielder

The map I'm looking at shows the branch curved from a N-S to an E-W alignment just south of the Franklin Park station. Sure fits with the picture if the train's coming from Boston.
 #1374715  by CannaScrews

Here you go.
Franklin Path station - undated.
Franklin Path station - undated.
B&M franklin path photo 011.jpg (174.75 KiB) Viewed 1959 times