Railroad Forums 

• Gorham Historical Society RR Museum

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1352694  by drvmusic

Hi All,

Just had my 2nd visit to this wonderful display! I appreciate all who put their time, effort and money into making that happen. I thought there was a thread on here about this previously, but I couldn't find it.

As those who know me here know, I'm a big fan of the B&M F7 units. I'm hoping in time, the good people at the historical society can complete the gallery they plan in 4265 and give the outside the cosmetic work it needs. I know funds are tight.

I'm curious if anyone knows the actual path that 4265 took from when she was retired by the B&M, to how she ended up in a park in Gorham without her prime mover.

I would love to know more if you know it.

#1352777  by drvmusic

b&m 1566 wrote:Is this what you were looking for?
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=31725" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you for that! Appreciated! Looks like I was in on that conversation.

It's not specific to the Gorham Museum, a bit outdated (2009), so maybe we can start a conversation here to raise awareness of that specific collection.
 #1353265  by MEC407

If the discussion is specifically about B&M locos, it makes more sense to keep it in the B&M forum. If the discussion is broader in nature and involves roads other than B&M, then by all means feel free to discuss here.
 #1353565  by drvmusic

MEC407 wrote:If the discussion is specifically about B&M locos, it makes more sense to keep it in the B&M forum. If the discussion is broader in nature and involves roads other than B&M, then by all means feel free to discuss here.
Thanks MEC407. My intent in starting this thread was to discuss specifically the equipment at this particular heritage site, and to spread knowledge about it (starting with my questions about 4265, just because the B&M F7's are one of my favorite topics).

I found it to be such a hidden gem! I believe it's closed now until May.

Any history of service of the equipment should be discussed within the forums for their railroads, agreed, but a little bit of history on the equipment at the GHS site within this topic would be terrific :-)