Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1536042  by MaineCoonCat

The company is incorporated and the bankruptcy proceedings are happening in New Hampshire.. I just put a "how'd you make out" inquiry in via BSRC's Facebook page. I'll update here when (if) I get a response..
 #1536365  by MaineCoonCat

scratchyX, would you believe a Candid Camera prank? I think Allen Funt is on the bus. :wink:
 #1536639  by MaineCoonCat

On 3/11/2020 In an article entitled "Bus, train plans could exclude Woonsocket", LAUREN CLEM of the Valley Breeze staff wrote:
Bus, train plans could exclude Woonsocket
Woonsocket Station.PNG
Woonsocket Station.PNG (306.18 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
WOONSOCKET – An eviction dispute and subsequent bankruptcy filing in the state of New Hampshire have temporarily delayed a local company’s plans to bring passenger bus and rail service to the Blackstone Valley, potentially jeopardizing a planned stop in Woonsocket.

Boston Surface Railroad Company, the transportation company founded by local entrepreneur Vincent Bono, remains locked in a tenancy dispute with the Rhode Island Department of Transportation. The agency first accused the company of failing to make lease payments on the Woonsocket Depot train station last spring, setting off a series of legal proceedings in state and federal court.

Bono now says the dispute had delayed plans to start a bus route between Woonsocket, Worcester and Providence, a service the company had hoped to begin in February. If all goes well, he said, the company hopes to begin the service following a hearing in federal bankruptcy court in May.

“In an abundance of legal caution, we wouldn’t want to start a service and sell someone a ticket and have the court say no, you can’t,” he said.

Last fall, the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in New Hampshire, defending the filing as a legal strategy intended to forestall the RIDOT’s efforts to evict them from the Woonsocket train station. The company has used the state-owned depot as its headquarters for several years and plans to use it as a stop for trains and busses.
Read more of this story at Valley Breeze's web site

Any spelling errors are by the article's author.
 #1537105  by Backshophoss

BS RR is BANKRUPT!! any agreements have been declared null and void,they are being evicted from the station they might have had
offices in,except for 1 FL-9,NO EQUIPMENT. THEY ATTEMPTED TO SELL UNSECURED BONDS FOR FUNDING!!!
This has been an ongoing farce for years.
When the NH courts declare this dead and dissolved should be soon enough.
 #1537229  by BandA

Backshophoss wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:53 pm BS RR is BANKRUPT!! any agreements have been declared null and void,they are being evicted from the station they might have had
offices in,except for 1 FL-9,NO EQUIPMENT. THEY ATTEMPTED TO SELL UNSECURED BONDS FOR FUNDING!!!
This has been an ongoing farce for years.
When the NH courts declare this dead and dissolved should be soon enough.
Don't get overwrought-iron :-D . I think agreements live on until they are breached, renounced, invalidated, expired, etc. Especially if BSRR isn't paying anything for the agreement. In MA, most courts are shut down now for the worldwide celebration of the Coronavirus festival, don't know what is happening in NH, but bankruptcy procedures will be delayed. How long was the New Haven in receivership? :wink: