Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1492830  by DutchRailnut

they did on one FL-9 it went to Mass Central instead. the other FL-9 they paid for but its still in New Haven (2027) and CDOT wants it out of their yard.
 #1493745  by jmar896

Did they ever get the second FL9?

I did not look too far into the prequalification, but bidding on much lesser valued lots I have had to put down deposits. I assume they had to put down something just to bid, so it wouldn't make too much sense if they just decided to f-it. It will also disqualify them from any other auctions (but not like CT has much of any value to sell to them now).

If they paid for it, I assume it stored by them now somewhere or moved very soon - If they had the capital to pay, they should have the ability to move it.
 #1493805  by b&m 1566

So does CSX get Saint-Gobain in Worcester or will that go to P&W? I know Pan Am had retained the rights for them but I doubt they will once CSX takes over. When will CSX be taking over the Worcester line to Ayer?
 #1493970  by PBMcGinnis

Pan Am is not giving up rights to any customers on the Worcester main line. CSX and Pan An have a haulage agreement not a transfer of ownership.

And Saint Gobain receives everything via CSX Intermodal at Worcester in 53' boxes. And they have put up for sale their in plant Locomotive. And the coal plant converted to natural gas. So there is absolutely no reason to receive railcars anymore.

But the BS Railroad can keep dreaming.
 #1494141  by newpylong

b&m 1566 wrote:So does CSX get Saint-Gobain in Worcester or will that go to P&W? I know Pan Am had retained the rights for them but I doubt they will once CSX takes over. When will CSX be taking over the Worcester line to Ayer?
CSX will not be buying the Worcester line as has been mentioned, just a haulage agreement. However, Mass DOT is interested in purchasing, that may happen down the road.
 #1494246  by b&m 1566

I thought it was a done deal, I thought MassDOT was purchasing the ROW between Worcester and Ayer and CSX was expecting to taking over, with Pan Am getting all the Boston traffic that CSX had on the northside.