Railroad Forums 

• Boston Surface Railroad: Worcester-Providence Commuter Rail

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1518233  by MEC407

If the allegations in the lawsuit are true, it sounds like what we're dealing with here is a foamer who is trying to "play trains" at a bigger scale. I mean, come on... living in the station and not paying rent? Seriously?

It's easy to play games when you're playing with other people's money.
 #1518661  by MaineCoonCat

Hmmmmm...
General Laws of Massachusetts: Chapter 110A. Uniform Securities Act.<br />Part I.
General Laws of Massachusetts: Chapter 110A. Uniform Securities Act.
Part I.

mass securities law.PNG (45.05 KiB) Viewed 1319 times
 #1518669  by BandA

The Secretary of the Commonwealth regulates corporations & securities in MA. They might not be aware of any unregistered securities allegedly being sold, despite the website and newspaper article(s). Also, NH regulator may not be aware of the MA de-incorporation, which requires an explanation at least. Paypal and the credit-card associations may also be on the hook for any transactions they process.
 #1518729  by BandA

Just occurred to me, anything BSRR accomplished, like municipal agreements with Lowell, Woonsocket, Nashua, station agreements with Worcester and Woonsocket, agreements implied but never confirmed with Siemens, P&W, Amtrak, even their auction win on the locomotive that they didn't pick up were probably done in the name of BSRR which was dis-incorporated. So a successor company probably can't come in and take over the existing agreements and would have to start over at square one.
 #1518730  by MaineCoonCat

BandA wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:08 pm The Secretary of the Commonwealth regulates corporations & securities in MA. They might not be aware of any unregistered securities allegedly being sold, despite the website and newspaper article(s). Also, NH regulator may not be aware of the MA de-incorporation, which requires an explanation at least. Paypal and the credit-card associations may also be on the hook for any transactions they process.
I was kinda' thinking the same thing.. Wonder if they are aware..