Railroad Forums 

• Vermont Rail System (VTR, GMRC, WACR, CLP, NYOG)

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1388550  by Dick H

Judging from the two photos below from the past week, it appears that other than
the OMYA slurry tank cars for the slurry train, the other PAR/VTR interchange is
still taking place at North Bennington.

Photo by Bruce Nelson:
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... ex=1&key2=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Photo by Cully Cullinan
http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... ex=1&key2=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1390202  by bwparker1

Heading east towards Rutland, VT, my kids and I stumbled upon a VRS light engine move in the same direction of ~ 6 units, including the 50th anniversary engine. We were near Mount Holly, VT. I tried to upload some photos from my iPhone into this post but no dice.
 #1391091  by tj48

Have seen a couple of youtube videos of Tank Train cars on the VRS. Can anyone tell me where do they orginate, what are they carrying, and where are they delivered to?
 #1391099  by B&M 1227

Not 100% on this one but I believe Burlington-Rutland-Whitehall-Kenwood Yard Albany.
 #1393127  by Dick H

Chester VT 250th Anniversary, Train Rides July15th.

Chester’s 250th Anniversary
Train Rides and Depot Dedication

Join in the celebration this Saturday at Chester’s 250th Anniversary party! Continue the tradition of boarding the train at the historic Chester Depot for a trip through the Okemo Valley to Brockway Mills in Rockingham. 45-minute train rides depart at noon, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, and 4:00pm. On board narration will highlight the history of the railroads serving Chester and its station. Tickets are $10 for all ages – under 3 are free.

A historical marker dedication ceremony will occur at 3:00pm at the Chester Depot.

Buy your tickets at the depot on Saturday or online at rails-vt.com/train-rides.

For more information on the day’s activities visit the Chester 250th Facebook page.
 #1393866  by F-line to Dudley via Park

bigfreight wrote:I was in St Johnsbury yesterday and caught this engine leading a 23 car southbound move. It was a Natchez Railway engine. Is this a new addition to the VTR roster or a rental?
GATX leaser. They have at least 3 of them currently rostered.

This one's sporting same color scheme, but with the GATX reporting mark painted over the original owner's: http://photos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo ... ex=3&key2=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 #1394409  by B&M 1227

Pretty good collection of MOW equipment around North Bennington. For a few weeks they'd been stashing it on the Bennington Branch at the Overlea Rd crossing. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me but it looks like they've done some work south on the corkscrew in the direction of the downtown Bennington. Maybe related to rumblings of a wood pellet company popping up by the movie theater. Or maybe necessary work to keep it good 'nuff for car storage. The MOW crews have since moved closer to the yard and have ties stacked around there as well.
 #1395333  by BobLI

I was in Montpelier VT. Sunday and noticed a track which looks unused or abandoned. Track ran along Winooski river and was jointed rail and crossed Main street. Who owns the track and where did it run to?
 #1395347  by Jackinbox1

Are you sure there are 3? The only industries that I could find was the Quarry in Barre (And Maybe Swenson Granite, but their spur looks a little buried under weeds and dirt.)
 #1395353  by Fritz

Hello,
Only customers on the WACR Montpelier and Barre Division (M&B) are:

Allen Brothers Lumber (Willey Street Spur)
Granite Industries of Vermont (Willey Street Spur)
Trono Fuels (by engine house)
Rock of Ages (Upper Switchback)

None are terribly busy. Inbound lumber, fuel oil, and granite; outbound granite tailings.
Best,
Fritz