Railroad Forums 

• Bay Colony Millis Line

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1285537  by GP40MC1118

After largely being a Rip-Van-Winkle branchline since GAF closed up, it appears Tresca
is getting cars again. Don't look now, but CSX is about to or will deliver 12 loads to
Medfield Jct. Cars came in on Q436-01. And GP8 1701 has been repaired and repainted
recently. Unit may be kept up at Union Street in Millis.

D
 #1285598  by Cosmo

Wow! That's AWESOME news!
Guess no bike trail on THAT part of the line. ;)
 #1285781  by MaineCoonCat

GP40MC1118 wrote:After largely being a Rip-Van-Winkle branchline since GAF closed up, it appears Tresca
is getting cars again. Don't look now, but CSX is about to or will deliver 12 loads to
Medfield Jct. Cars came in on Q436-01. And GP8 1701 has been repaired and repainted
recently. Unit may be kept up at Union Street in Millis.

D
Where does Tresca do it's unloading? Their Main St. site appears to be isolated from the line. Thanks!
 #1285806  by F-line to Dudley via Park

GP40MC1118 wrote:Not sure, but I think its just past the mainline connection at Medfield Jct.

D
What's 1701 even needed for if they're just being unloaded trackside by the junction? Unless Bay Colony has to move the cars 200 ft. as a technicality for claiming the business.
 #1285852  by Narrowgauger

GP40MC1118 wrote:Not sure, but I think its just past the mainline connection at Medfield Jct.

D
I rode thru today. A couple guys were digging out the flangeways Down by the area they used to unload the cars. Couple miles down the line. . patchwork is ongoing but she looks much better with new windows and headlights.
Ted
 #1285897  by GP40MC1118

CSX just puts them just off the clearance point. They have to be pulled down to the
spot, which may or may not be west of RT27 bridge. At any rate, this is like what BCLR
used to do at Weir Jct in Taunton and what Mass Coastal does now. Either fix up the 1701
or rent a trackmobile.

D
 #1286001  by F-line to Dudley via Park

GP40MC1118 wrote:CSX just puts them just off the clearance point. They have to be pulled down to the
spot, which may or may not be west of RT27 bridge. At any rate, this is like what BCLR
used to do at Weir Jct in Taunton and what Mass Coastal does now. Either fix up the 1701
or rent a trackmobile.

D
I guess that would explain why 1701 was left at the West St. grade crossing for so long. That's less than a half-mile of operable line they need to maintain if this stuff is being unloaded on the Sam White & Sons property or that gravel yard right next to the junction.
 #1286081  by Narrowgauger

D[/quote]

I guess that would explain why 1701 was left at the West St. grade crossing for so long. That's less than a half-mile of operable line they need to maintain if this stuff is being unloaded on the Sam White & Sons property or that gravel yard right next to the junction.[/quote]

When I was by on Monday the 1701 was down by the old GAF plant. Could smell the fresh black paint. Also the guys I saw cleaning out the flangeways were at the clearing along Island Rd. If they didnt look cranky doing that work with tons of bugs flying around them I would of asked. Any clue when the first of the shipments are to arrive of CSX?
Ted
 #1286189  by fogg1703

12 cars is a lot even for a big outfit like Tresca. And with more on the way, wonder if they are allowing other users to unload cars there as well.
 #1286342  by Cosmo

Try "Island Road" ;)