Railroad Forums 

• Norwich train station

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1260319  by duckpin

On Saturday, the Norwich Bulletin newspaper in Connecticut will be moving to its new digs, the former Norwich train station. I worked at the Bulletin for 14 years before taking on a new job last year, but I still work there one day a week just to stay involved (I just can't get rid of the print industry, even though it is a tough sell these days). That's why they are moving to a 5,000 square-foot place, because you don't need 40,000 square feet when you've closed the press and laid off a high number of people (I believe we've been in the same buildings since 1905, and the paper has been around since 1791).

From what I hear, there's not really anything left inside that identifies it as a train station, apart from the P&W tracks that run right outside the building. It was a soup kitchen for a couple of years before being completely gutted in anticipation of this move.

Story here: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/ ... /140329522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyone here ever work/live in a former train station?
 #1260863  by FLRailFan1

The Waterbury Republican American is in the old Waterbury train station. A friend of mine growing up lived in an old Sanford and Eastern station. Stations are nice to be reused.