Railroad Forums 

• backyard Christmas model train in Peabody, MA

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1233563  by railfan1988

Does anyone on here remember that model train that a guy in Peabody, Massachusetts used to set up in his yard every year at Christmas time? I remember going to see it when I was a kid and I was wondering if anyone on here has any pictures of it, as it was really cool. I believe he would also set up a Christmas village and have the train run around it. Ultimately, the City of Peabody told him to stop setting it up, due to complaints from his neighbors about the large numbers of people coming to see it. The last year he set it up was probably 1995 or 1996. Anyway, if anyone has pictures of it or any specific recollections of it, I'd like to see/hear them. I can't quite recall if the train was a passenger train or a freight train, however, I want to say it was a freight train.

Also, about a week ago, I started a thread in the Toy Trains forum about this topic, however, I have not yet received any replies, which is why I started a thread in this forum. I'm sure that at least a few who regularly post in this forum remember this guy and his model train.