Railroad Forums 

• Who is Mo Bouk?

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in New England

Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#1189291  by NNR

Who Is this Cosmo with his vast informational source of steam locomotives?
 #1189301  by 3rdrail

I'm beginning to feel as if he has tenured professorial knowledge backed by a substantial bankrole. What mere mortal expounds a detailed synopsis of the Flying Yankee in the AM, has tea and crumpets with Lee Marvin and Ernest Borgnine at noon, and finishes up the evening dining on Chateaubriand, drinking wine flown in from France on his order, and rigorously maintaining a constitutional through the Common with Wanda, the love of his life, while each smoke Avo cigars ! He is, and always will be my hero !
 #1189443  by 3rdrail

Hmm...I have suspected for years now that that "The Most Interesting Man" was indeed our Cosmo. As far as Mo is concerned, we really don't know if they're male or female. Could be female. Could be actress Bo Derick.
Mo could be Bo keepin' on the down-low wherever she goes for all I know.
 #1189523  by Cosmo

NOW HEAR THIS!
I categorically DENY any Mo-Doing on my part!
Mo is a complete construct of someone ELSE'S imagination!
That is all.
 #1189622  by Otto Vondrak

So nobody knows Mo Bouk? He is a rash on every facebook page having to do with railroads that I come across. He won't respond to any type of contact, and he has also created a number of counterfeit pages claiming to represent groups he knows nothing about.

Paul, who are you talking about?

-otto-
 #1189644  by 3rdrail

I'm talking about a phantom, poltergeist, spectre ya know,
The one that calls himself on RRN, "Mo".
You have to cover yourself with Lionel lubrication above and below,
To pick up on his 4th dimensional aura from head to toe.

One word of caution, he can be friendly or foe,
this spirit known as Mo.
A disorienting journey you will take,
should you denounce him as a fake.

A group calling themselves the Flying Broom Restoration Grope,
now is rallying against their former reputation as from responsible they eloped.
They're claiming that with whiff of smoke and a flash,
That Mo would constantly send their work back in time in a dash.

How many times could the straw be replaced on the broom you ask,
The answer is it seemed eternal, frankly it was a pain in the ass.
Their detractors began to ridicule them, hee hee ho ho,
When all the while it was caused by this dastard named Mo.

I most humbly suggest that you should cease and desist your mission,
if it is to expose this mysterious apparition.
If however, you must seek out Mo,
might I suggest instead merely sending the mighty Cosmo ?
 #1189942  by Otto Vondrak

Kindly, have you lost your mind, Paul?

I asked this group because the guy is based in Cambridge, MA, and spams every single page he can get his hands on. Clearly he never leaves his house, since no one here has ever run into him... Forget I asked.

-otto-
 #1190091  by Cosmo

*ears perking up at hearing his name again taken in vain, silently sips coffee and glances: <.< ... >.> .... *
It's ON.
*sips coffee again*
AHEM!
This is a conspiracy that goes all the way back to the 60's via Dylan and Guthrie.
Witness:
"I aint' got no MO!
I'm just a ramblin' Bo!
A hard workin ramblin Mo and I roam from town to town.
The MO-lice make me MOan,
wherever I may MO,
and I aint got no MO,
in this Mo,
AAAANNY-MO!"

(And NO! I am NOT "Mo". I am Cosmo Blues, karaoke legend. Why should I pretend to be Mo?)
 #1190095  by markhb

Oh no! Woe is OtTO!

(My only other comment for this thread, having never encountered this Mo character, was to wonder how long it has been since 3rdrail has cut a silhouette as thin as Pee-Wee Herman's. I'm guessing it was well before his current avatar shot was taken. Of course, in my case the answer to the same question would be "some point during the Nixon administration". :-) ).
 #1190138  by NRGeep

The central mass branch passed by mo black's in waltham if that's any help? :wink:
 #1190215  by MEC407

Now that we've all had some fun (unfortunately at Otto's expense), I'm going to put this topic to bed... but if anyone has any legitimate information on who this guy is or what his deal is, feel free to PM me and I'll unlock the thread.
photo by Ken Hawkins http://www.flickr.com/photos/khawkins04/5476143309/in/photostream/
(184.62 KiB) Downloaded 2949 times