Moderators: MEC407, NHN503

#108093  by Noel Weaver

The Nelsap site has been down for a few hours at a time from time to time
so I suspect that is probably the case.
I went into it between 11:00PM and Midnight Wednesday and it was OK
then.
Noel Weaver

#108374  by b&m 1566

I was able to see the pictures this time... What a beautiful site. I really hope this continues every year. Does anyone have any information on how it is doing? Great, Good, OK, not so well, what?

#118062  by Phase Gap

DOES ANYONE HAVE REALLY GO PICS OF THE NEW SWITCHES THEY PUT IN ..THANKS
 #671112  by b&m 1566

The end of an era is just a month and a half away. Regular steam operations on the Cog Railway will end on Wednesday, July 1st. According to the MBRRE, Callboy (April 2009 issue, back cover) the Cog Railway will continue to run steam but only 1 trip a day.
 #671547  by Noel Weaver

b&m 1566 wrote:The end of an era is just a month and a half away. Regular steam operations on the Cog Railway will end on Wednesday, July 1st. According to the MBRRE, Callboy (April 2009 issue, back cover) the Cog Railway will continue to run steam but only 1 trip a day.
What the Mass Bay RRE stated is "MWCR recently announced that after July 1, it expects to run only one steam train a day; three newly built green diesels will handle the rest of the summertime service to Summit".
The key word here is EXPECTS, they could run more steam if one of the diesels goes down for some reason, if they get an
exceptionally heavy crowd for one or more trips or if there is a special party for an extra train.
Just a guess on my part but I would think that at least this summer, you have a chance of seeing a reasonable number of
steam powered trains at least during the peak period of summer and fall operation.
If you are planning to ride this line, you might want to call first if you really want to ride a steam powered train.
Noel Weaver
 #715949  by pumpin fomite

hey all just swinging in to say i hope that wayne presby rots in hell for what he has done to a part of new hampshire's heritage. his greed makes me want to vomit and he is nothing but a boyle on the ass of humanity.
when the hell is the people of new hampshire going to take charge and stop he savage rape of history?
 #715952  by Noel Weaver

pumpin fomite wrote:hey all just swinging in to say i hope that wayne presby rots in hell for what he has done to a part of new hampshire's heritage. his greed makes me want to vomit and he is nothing but a boyle on the ass of humanity.
when the hell is the people of new hampshire going to take charge and stop he savage rape of history?
What a disappointment this post is, I was looking to see just what was happening here and instead all I got was an extended
rant.
Noel Weaver
 #716023  by b&m 1566

pumpin fomite wrote:hey all just swinging in to say i hope that wayne presby rots in hell for what he has done to a part of new hampshire's heritage. his greed makes me want to vomit and he is nothing but a boyle on the ass of humanity.
Would this be are friend John? Same old story different name!
 #716581  by shane781

Funny thing is, when you think about these new diesels, which I admit take something away from the whole experience, might keep the Cog in business, since they require probably a quarter of the maintence of those little steamer buggers.
 #719931  by Noel Weaver

The web site for the Mount Washington weather station for today has a picture of a cog railroad train that I believe was
taken this morning and the train was obviously steam powered.
Noel Weaver
 #720144  by ferroequinarchaeologist

Semi-literate rants aside, diesel power will improve the profitability of the MWRR. I doubt that more than 5% of the patrons give a rat's behind as to what's pushing their car. Steam adds an attraction of its own, but for most people, it adds nothing to the experience. It's a sound business decision. Now, if the management would translate some of those savings into a lowering of ticket prices, it would be appreciated.

PBM