Railroad Forums 

• The Lake Erie, Franklin & Clarion Railroad Company

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#48741  by mike

While in Berea on August 21st, a mixed NS train was passing by heading east towards Rockport when a yellow boxcar with the above name passed by. I've got a picture. Where is this company? How many of these are around? Any other interesting information about this company? Thanks!

#48744  by SRS125

I saw a large 100 car coal drag in Syracuse, NY that was all LEF&C Cars. Don't know who baught the coal in the area it was a suprise to me.

#48774  by Beech Cricker

The LEF&C was a Pennsylvania shortline that ran between Summerville, on the ex-PRR Low Grade Line, to Clarion, perhaps 15 miles. Its primary commodities handled were coal and glass-making products. This line shut down in the early 1990s, if I recall.

Jeff

#48884  by matt

After a little research, it turns out the line went out of service in 1993. Another box car like the one we saw in Berea went thru Toledo the next day. Here is a map with the cities of Clarion and Franklin so you can see where it ran.