Railroad Forums 

• Maumee and Western(MAW) # 16 takes a dive

• Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.
Pertaining to all railroading subjects, past and present, in the American Midwest, including Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Kansas. For questions specific to a railroad company, please seek the appropriate forum.

Moderator: railohio

#615501  by Eaglerecon

The MAW#16 derailed about 2 miles east of okalona just pass the CR17 crossing yesterday(12-20-08) sometime before 1:00pm It appeared to be hauling a load of cars from defiance to napoleon; only the engine derailed in a spot that usually causes them derailment troubles but this time it tipped on its side and tore up about 10ft of rail(Normally it jumps off stays upright and they just lift it back on). Their efforts repairing the track and getting the train upright could be further hampered by the layer of snow topped off by a layer of ice that is currently covering Henry Co. Currently the cars it was pulling are blocking the CR17 crossing and is only accessible from the north from US24 and the south via 24 to CR16 to CRM1.

The attachment should have a photo of the derailment. Unfortunately it was dark and I only had a camera phone I should get more and better quality photos later. If you would like to see my current collection you can email [email protected] and put "train request" in the subject.
 #615799  by railohio

That explains where Hulcher was going this afternoon.

Also, you'll need to edit your post to include smaller photos. Users shouldn't have to scroll horizontally to see the whole image.
 #615867  by Eaglerecon

Sorry, bout that as you can see that is my first post and I don't quite understand the whole picture thing yet(plus I'm impatient because I have dial-up). I was gonna go get better pictures yesterday but it was just outright cold. I'll go look this morning but they might have it cleaned up already. But, I wonder when they can start operating again because the south rail was literally shaved like a christmas ham(wonder what part of the track they'll cannibalize).
 #616083  by Otto Vondrak

Eaglerecon wrote:The MAW#16 derailed about 2 miles east of okalona
Please post smaller versions or links to the photos. Thanks!

-otto-